Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wiring through titan tower

bvdhvy

I have a Titan tower and I want to find a nice clean look to the exposed speaker wires where they come out of the tower and into the boat. Right now I just have A simple connector wrapped with a bunch of electric tape. There must be a better way! thanks for any reply's.

bvdhvy,

If you have a tubular tower with a knuckle rather than a solid foot (where you can normally conceal the deck cap penetration) at the base then there are a couple of ways to proceed in dressing out this short loop.

First, many wrap the exposed run of harness with flexloom and use a short section of heatshrink to terminate the loom at both ends. As an alternative to flexloom you can use snakeskin which is a little dressier.

At the tower end you can use a plastic snap-in chassis grommet or soft rubber grommet to dress the hole and protect the harness against chafing.

At the deck cap end you can dress the penetration with a small stainless steel deck gland (same fixture as used on VHF antenna cables into the arch). To my eye this is preferred over a S.S. mini clamshell or the other alternatives I have seen.

If you need a service disconnect then a high quality Deutsch plug set is streamlined, can be inserted at midpoint, and can be dressed in heatshrink. Deutsch also has a chassis mount connector if you want to place the disconnect at deck cap level. If going this route I like to dress out the chassis plug with an ABS or billet trim ring to conceal the plug flange and mounting hardware.

David

Nice install NB. I did something very similar on my Skier. The Sunsetter I haven't mounted a Neutrik connector yet but need to. Still have the wire exiting the grommet in the tower and just ducking under the gunnel.

Here's the Skier...

DSC02776-1200.jpg

Looks great martin. Im using 4 exile towers with a two channel harpoon amp. Do I need 2 of those connectors? How do you hook that cable up to the speakers.

Thanks. It depends how you want to wire them, but if you are running a 2 channel harpoon I would wire the 4 speakers into 2 pairs at the top of the tower(by wiring them in parallel). Then you can run 2 pairs (4 wires) down the tower to the connector, and finally to the amp.

Not sure how familiar you are with audio wiring and don't want to insult you, but this is a good diagram that might help.

4SVC_4-ohm_2ch.jpg