Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New (snap in) carpets for an older 'Bu Skier

CliffB

Just wondering if anyone has added a set of snap in carpets to an older Malibu Skier? I'd like to do this over the winter as my (four) kids get the carpet sopping wet as they're doing....well.....their usual kid thing when we're out on the water for a day. Of course, this wet carpet sits against the floor boards and can get moldy too if not dried out properly. Love to see how somebody did this efficiently if it has been done before.

Thanks.

I would buy a set in a "snap". :lol:

Seriously though, I have looked and looked and found nothing for our older boats. I was working with a marine caret company a while back to make a nice thick drop in carpet with the rubber backing. I made up a detailed drawing of the floor and the carpet layout and I never heard form them. I guess it was my fault for not chasing them on it. If you find something - I'm in!

My boat doesn't have carpet, I painted the floor with textured floor paint from West Marine.

The guy who installed my interior said he'd make me drop in carpet if I made him a template. I made one out of cardboard and just ran out of steam.

It can be done, but its a custom deal. Nothing out of the box.

• 3 weeks later...

My boat doesn't have carpet, I painted the floor with textured floor paint from West Marine.

The guy who installed my interior said he'd make me drop in carpet if I made him a template. I made one out of cardboard and just ran out of steam.

It can be done, but its a custom deal. Nothing out of the box.

Levi....I would like to see some pictures of your interior and floor.....

thanks JB-Foot

I would buy a set in a "snap". :lol:

Seriously though, I have looked and looked and found nothing for our older boats. I was working with a marine caret company a while back to make a nice thick drop in carpet with the rubber backing. I made up a detailed drawing of the floor and the carpet layout and I never heard form them. I guess it was my fault for not chasing them on it. If you find something - I'm in!

Martin, any chance you may have that detailed drawing still around somewhere? I've been dreading having to go spend a couple hours out in the cold garage making a template/drawing.....

Thanks!