Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

09 23 lsv vdrive fail. 320hrs.

kretty09lsv

hey team.

i have a 09 wakesetter 23lsv with just the standed 350 indmar. during my pre-start everytime i use the boat i check the oil levels. and just recently i have been finding the vdrive low/no oil in it. and its hard to point out where the oil is going.now the vdrive has failed. it was full when i started and a few hours into it. boat done a huge( klunk ) so i stoped and lifted covers and there was oil everywhere. seemed to be coming outta the tranny breather.so idled back to the boat ramp. grinding gears all hole way.

has anyone ever had to buy a new v drive? i kinda need an idea of a price so i dont get ripped up the dealer kinda thing. live in austraila

I bet you can find one for half that, less if you got a remanufactured one or sent your to be rebuilt. I guess it could be that high with labor.

Edited by Bozboat
  • 2 weeks later...

my vdrive blew up last summer while I was on holiday at christina lake, I sourced a used unit with 30 hours on it (removed out of an 09 centurion being fitted for "right surf" reverse rotation v drive) for $1200. I did the install myself without even pulling the boat out of the water with nothing more than a $100 set of hand tools I keep in the boat. Took me 4 hours tops from start to finish and was back surfing within 24 hours of the breakdown.

• Like 1

How much was jtrovato's?

If I remember correctly, the quote I got was for around $7,000 for a new vDrive and the labor to R&R. Of course, I didn't end up getting it done since I didn't really need it and was able to fix the problem with a $125 flange that the dealer couldn't diagnose.