Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help me decide on 2013 VTX color!

Malibuzer

Just hoping to get some opinions and ideas from the crew on some color ideas. Looking at the new Monster Metallic green and charcoal metallic right now. Maybe just make the charcoal non metallic? Here are a couple of boats that my dealer has sent me for ideas.

How do you think the green will be for resale?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

post-5478-0-71450400-1354832197_thumb.pn

post-5478-0-22036800-1354832249_thumb.pn

im diggin the first one... that is a great looking boat go with a ebony trailer and have the fenders be charcoal flake as well with chrome 18's that will be one hell of a rig

Green isn't my color but i do like the second set of pics, not alot of green and makes it very suttle with the white hull. White hull always look good on the water from afar. My 2 cents worth.

Bottom line, malibu just doesn't make a bad combo in my mind. Good luck with your choice.

I'm young and I like flash so the black one would be my choise. However if you are worried about resale I'd go with the tammer white color. I don;t think the green stripe is too flashy on the white one. If I'm looking at older boats I'm looking for one that looks stock and that was likely owned by someone over 50 who takes care of his things.

I'm not saying all young guys don't take care of their things or drive it like they stole it but it is more likely.

For the green I was thinking of the new metallic because there wont be to many boats out there with that color. On my 2012 I out the metallic s on the top deck and they turned out fantastic. Much brighter than the similar colors from my 2011.

The Atomic orange was great. I have just had it on the last two boats and thought that we may change things up this year. Malibu may not want to do that color again.anyway.

The second one would have the white tower and white trailer as well.

Here are a couple of other ideas.

I vote for the blue and black...flashy...no but classic and never goes out of style. Just my $.02.

The Atomic orange was great. I have just had it on the last two boats and thought that we may change things up this year. Malibu may not want to do that color again.anyway.

Lets face it, that last boat was pretty rockin'. Going to be hard to beat that Atomic Orange. I think metal flake on the tower. Maybe a grey or black metal flake, low key, but trick. Then complimentary or popping metal flake somewhere on the boat. I think if the tower was metal flake you would want the gel where the tower meets to be solid. Maybe make the upper bow trim or side hull metal flake.

Edit:

One Kirkland signature bourbon on the rocks later and here is a suggestion:

Tower (non-polished section): match the charcoal metallic gelcoat

Deck base: ebony

Deck Accent: stratosphere blue metallic

Deck Main: charcoal metallic

Hull main: machine silver metallic

Hull accent: stratosphere blue metallic

Hull base: ebony

Deck accent two:charcoal metallic

Swim platform/surfgat: stratosphere blue metallic

Edited by MalibuTime

Lets face it, that last boat was pretty rockin'. Going to be hard to beat that Atomic Orange. I think metal flake on the tower. Maybe a grey or black metal flake, low key, but trick. Then complimentary or popping metal flake somewhere on the boat. I think if the tower was metal flake you would want the gel where the tower meets to be solid. Maybe make the upper bow trim or side hull metal flake.

Edit:

One Kirkland signature bourbon on the rocks later and here is a suggestion:

Tower (non-polished section): match the charcoal metallic gelcoat

Deck base: ebony

Deck Accent: stratosphere blue metallic

Deck Main: charcoal metallic

Hull main: machine silver metallic

Hull accent: stratosphere blue metallic

Hull base: ebony

Deck accent two:charcoal metallic

Swim platform/surfgat: stratosphere blue metallic

Totally agree. I've never seen another similar boat color on the water. Just too cool IMO.

http://www.wizardlakemarine.com/new-boats/malibu/Wakesetter/list01/2013-mxz-20-monstergreen-black

Here is a good representation of the first scheme with Monster green and charcoal metallic... I really like the green and think it will be great for resale... Vapour blue is an awesome color as well and Rob's boat is going to look pretty sweet...

I went with a mostly white VLX this year...

I like option one minus the metallic. There are some really cool green, black and grey schemes. Keep the black off of the interior unless you live in a cool cloudy climate. Even the black details on the vinyl gets very hot in the sun. Good luck on the color choices. I let my daughter pick the colors on my boat,(her boat).