Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mesh air vent screen popped off-

xx29l9

So I was out in the garage the other day working on the R/C version of my 'bu when I lifted a corner of the cover off the 1:1 boat to check something. Hmmm...the chrome air vent in the stern corner, it looks like someone might have pushed against the metal screen portion and popped it loose. I didn't have time to unscrew the vent cover to see what is behind it. But I'm curious, what holds that metal screen on to the chrome frame? Will I need to epoxy or JB Weld it back in place? Something else?

Bob

Yep glue. Both on my 07 have come off. I pulled the cover off and then cleaned all the old glue from the frame and the screen. Then I scuffed up the back of the frame where the mesh touches with sandpaper. Clamp everything back in place and put epoxy on it. The first one has held for longer than the orginal so far.

Be carefull when you glue it all down. If you use too much it will run around to the front. Then it is a pain to clean up and make it unnoticable.