Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Had a RECORD probably once in a lifetime year...

JB-FOOT

Here in Pgh PA, we are not known for extremely long seasons of water time....but this year proved to be the LONGEST on record for us...

We started the year off by bare-footing on Saint Patty's day March 17, 2012 and finished the year yesterday by bare-footing on December 1st, 2012..

While I guess we did cheat just a little bit because we actually footed yesterday on Morse Lake and Reservoir in Cicero, Indiana while test driving a 1997 Closed Bow Echelon before we bought it and brought it back home to add to our fleet of sweet Echelons....

Hats off to George, salesman at Mid-Indiana Marine, http://www.morselakeinboards.com/ for putting up with us wanting to demo and foot the boat in 42 degree water...

I am sure that the West Coast, Texas and Florida boys will be happy to point out that they can boat all year....but it was our best year ever....

Thanks for letting me "SHARE"

Now I open up the Condo at the Ski Resort and get ready to use the Frozen H2O.....

JB-Foot

Awesome JB! This was our longest year as well. I put the boat away Friday. We were out two weeks ago for the last time. I think our first time out this year was March 24th. Awesome year for sure. We just need to get the lake a little deeper for next year!

Awesome JB! This was our longest year as well. I put the boat away Friday. We were out two weeks ago for the last time. I think our first time out this year was March 24th. Awesome year for sure. We just need to get the lake a little deeper for next year!

We need to ski/boat together next year for sure.....wanna learn to FOOT?

Here in Pgh PA, we are not known for extremely long seasons of water time....but this year proved to be the LONGEST on record for us...

We started the year off by bare-footing on Saint Patty's day March 17, 2012 and finished the year yesterday by bare-footing on December 1st, 2012..

While I guess we did cheat just a little bit because we actually footed yesterday on Morse Lake and Reservoir in Cicero, Indiana while test driving a 1997 Closed Bow Echelon before we bought it and brought it back home to add to our fleet of sweet Echelons....

Hats off to George, salesman at Mid-Indiana Marine, http://www.morselakeinboards.com/ for putting up with us wanting to demo and foot the boat in 42 degree water...

I am sure that the West Coast, Texas and Florida boys will be happy to point out that they can boat all year....but it was our best year ever....

Thanks for letting me "SHARE"

Now I open up the Condo at the Ski Resort and get ready to use the Frozen H2O.....

JB-Foot

George at Mid-Indiana (Morse Lake Inboards) is a great Salesmen! That is the dealership I work with and I am glad you were able to bring the boat home! We look forward to seeing pics of the boat!

PS, My boat was floating around somewhere up there.

That's awesome, sweet boat too, congrats! We've had a rather long season here too, it hit a record high this past Sunday... 84 degrees if you can believe that and yes, we're still out hittin' the water. :biggrin:

Cheers!

With these temps, you might not be done yet. Some guys went right before Thanksgiving here in Wis. and if the temps don't get closer to snow, we'll be out again. It was 60 degrees F yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

We're still barefooting (almost) every weekend, depending on the wind. Here in The Netherlands it's currently below 40's F...... Drysuits, gloves, bucket of hot water to heat up the feet after our runs does the trick....!