Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What happened to the ECFC thread?

jtrovato

Deleted completely? Did Malibu step in and make us remove it? I know it got ridiculous toward the end but no reason the useless posts couldn't have been removed and everything else left there with the thread closed. I think a lot of useful information and feedback was lost when that thread was deleted. Anyone know the reason why?

Deleted completely? Did Malibu step in and make us remove it? I know it got ridiculous toward the end but no reason the useless posts couldn't have been removed and everything else left there with the thread closed. I think a lot of useful information and feedback was lost when that thread was deleted. Anyone know the reason why?

:plus1:

Personally, I think it's a shame a potential boat buyer can't access the information provided in the thread and draw their own conclusion from the comments posted.......but the OP asked for it to be removed. Fair is fair.

(this post isn't a response to your comment JimmyPooh...... just an unrelated observation)

I agree, that thread was about much more than just the OP's problem that started the thread. It's a real shame that all that valuable info is gone for anyone researching a potential purchase from that dealer.

I'm pretty disappointed that it was completely taken down, it doesn't even show up on any search of this site or on google anymore, only a broken link. If the problem was really resolved then the resolution should have been added to the thread so everyone could see that the dealer made things right, if that in fact did happen.

I'm in ECFC's territory, and I read the thread. I've never done business with them, but have heard varying opinions on the dealer. I will probably still give them a chance given everything I've heard including THE thread, but will be vigilant.

That would be up to the OP not the Mods. The thread was closed for the disregard of the forum rules. Warning was given and ignored. The thread was removed by request of the OP and the request was approved by the Admins/Mods.

That would be up to the OP not the Mods. The thread was closed for the disregard of the forum rules. Warning was given and ignored. The thread was removed by request of the OP and the request was approved by the Admins/Mods.

I agree with closing of the thread because it went downhill fast at the end, but for it to be removed and never to be seen again is wrong in my opinion, whether the OP requested it or not. Many other members contributed valuable information to that thread and to see it all gone and hidden away is not right.

• Like 2

DAng, the topic was more entertaining than Dexter and The Walkng Dead...

tooo bad it is no longer accessible for those looking at how some Malibu dealers take care of their customers..... good to know the good AND the bad ones!!

I guess readers will only now know that Malibu is ONLY good and treats ALL their owners like the tooth fairy treats young children with missing teeth.

I agree with closing of the thread because it went downhill fast at the end, but for it to be removed and never to be seen again is wrong in my opinion, whether the OP requested it or not. Many other members contributed valuable information to that thread and to see it all gone and hidden away is not right.

I'll add this, for me personally, I don't care if the thread is there or not. I assume, and we all know about assuming, that the OP had second thoughts after seeing the way the thread went or maybe he needed it gone to resolve the issue, I don't know why. Only he and maybe the other parties involved know that answer. The ONLY reason it was removed was because the OP requested it. My suggestion is if it's bothering you guys that much, you approach the OP and ask him. My feeling is that he won't give you the whole story again because he doesn't want the issue restarted. If you want it back because of your past issue, I think that is already out there.

I'll add this, for me personally, I don't care if the thread is there or not. I assume, and we all know about assuming, that the OP had second thoughts after seeing the way the thread went or maybe he needed it gone to resolve the issue, I don't know why. Only he and maybe the other parties involved know that answer. The ONLY reason it was removed was because the OP requested it. My suggestion is if it's bothering you guys that much, you approach the OP and ask him. My feeling is that he won't give you the whole story again because he doesn't want the issue restarted. If you want it back because of your past issue, I think that is already out there.

Why not simply delete the idiotic and juvenile (sugary comments) comments, and leave the meaty stuff there?? Although everyone should try grits...they are great!!

If the OP thought it was important enough to start the topic, not sure what could have persuaded him/her to want it removed.....unless people further up the food chain got to him and made him an offer he could not refuse!! ah ha

Why not simply delete the idiotic and juvenile (sugary comments) comments, and leave the meaty stuff there?? Although everyone should try grits...they are great!!

If the OP thought it was important enough to start the topic, not sure what could have persuaded him/her to want it removed.....unless people further up the food chain got to him and made him an offer he could not refuse!! ah ha

Ok, I'll try grits. I was lookIng at them on the cereal aisle, just too many different ones. Do I want quick? Reg?

Ok, back to the topic at hand.