Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Wakesetter VLX Has Arrived

GullLakeMarine

Hey Everybody, Just thought I would share some pictures of a new VLX we just took in yesterday. This lovely lady has a diamond hull and Surfgate. Let me know what you think.

Side.jpg

Front.jpg

BackCorner2.jpg

Interior-1.jpg

Dash.jpg

-Trevor

• Like 1

If im spending that amount of money on a new boat Id at least get a color matched trailer. I understand its just for towing, I guess if the boat is sitting on a lift all yr it doesnt matter though.

If im spending that amount of money on a new boat Id at least get a color matched trailer. I understand its just for towing, I guess if the boat is sitting on a lift all yr it doesnt matter though.

If the sale came down to a color matched trailer, we would just order one and swap it out. The truth is 80% of the customers we sell Bu's to don't need a trailer so we just go with the most economical choice. Thanks for your input though!

It is my understanding that the Surfgate color will be the color of the swim platform. I hope Malibu changes this option in the future as most that I have seen don't match the hull.

I never realized that you had a choice. Is it really a VLX if you have hull choice? That's like having a an accord and civic both called an accord. Different hull is a different boat.

There isn't a huge difference at wakeboard speeds. Once you get up to 28mph+ then you'll see a difference as the "lift" from the diamond hull starts to make a difference. Most would never know which hull it was they wakeboarded behind. I know Malibu years ago put pro boarders behind to boats and asked them which had the diamond hull.....they couldn't tell.

• Like 1

I don't think trailer bling or matching trailers are as big here in Michigan as other parts of the country

I would have liked to see a touch more black somewhere, but still pretty cool

Edited by Rmack

I don't think trailer bling or matching trailers are as big here in Michigan as other parts of the country

I would have liked to see a touch of black somewhere, but still pretty cool

There is a black deck accent stripe on the boat. I took the pictures when the sun was pretty low yesterday, so they didnt turn out so well.

Thanks for all the comments. I agree the yellow Surfgates look odd when the boats out of the water. Once you splash her you wont be able to tell though.

Congrats on the new boat! Trailer looks fine, matches the Black deck stripe.

Looking at the picture seems like your weather is vary favourable, not like up here

in BC Canada. I have to wait a few more months before the big splash for my new TXi.

Good news everybody. The yellow VLX sold yesterday. And for those that were hating on the trailer color, the customer did not purchase a trailer. I have a 22 MXZ coming in this month that I will post some pictures of.

Trevor

There isn't a huge difference at wakeboard speeds. Once you get up to 28mph+ then you'll see a difference as the "lift" from the diamond hull starts to make a difference. Most would never know which hull it was they wakeboarded behind. I know Malibu years ago put pro boarders behind to boats and asked them which had the diamond hull.....they couldn't tell.

youre exactly right. I heard the same thing about the pro riders not being able to tell the difference

If you ever get a chance to check out a VTX with the 3D hull next to a VLX with the wake hull go to the rear of the boat and look at the difference of where the hull meets with the the gunwale or sidewall. On a VTX there will be a slight tunnel effect vs a VLX with a wake hull which wont have that tunnel effect/lip

If you ever get a chance to check out a VTX with the 3D hull next to a VLX with the wake hull go to the rear of the boat and look at the difference of where the hull meets with the the gunwale or sidewall. On a VTX there will be a slight tunnel effect vs a VLX with a wake hull which wont have that tunnel effect/lip

you don't need to compare VTX to VLX just any diamond to a non-diamond will do