Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is there an after market Board Racks for G3 Tower?

Wakesetter67

I was thinking of adding another set of Board racks for my G 3 Tower, Does anyone else think 2000.00 for Malibu spinner racks a little High?? Do they make a nice after market one that looks similar,

$2k for board racks? Are they gold plated? Thats insane, look out for sales at Bakes... I picked up my extra set on sale for $500, but it was two years ago. I will say having the extra board storage is very nice. The fixed racks imo would be a better bet for the upper racks, the splines are angled more and will allow more space inbetween the racks. The spinner style will work but you have to stagger the boards a little to make them fit without touching the bindings up against eachother.

I was thinking of adding another set of Board racks for my G 3 Tower, Does anyone else think 2000.00 for Malibu spinner racks a little High?? Do they make a nice after market one that looks similar,

67- thats retail...I know they can be had with discounts from dealers down to around $650ea or so...... I know I want a 2nd set also, but $1200+ was still steep.

There was a guy on here about a year ago that had a set for $1200 i belive.

$2k for board racks? Are they gold plated? Thats insane, look out for sales at Bakes... I picked up my extra set on sale for $500, but it was two years ago. I will say having the extra board storage is very nice. The fixed racks imo would be a better bet for the upper racks, the splines are angled more and will allow more space inbetween the racks. The spinner style will work but you have to stagger the boards a little to make them fit without touching the bindings up against eachother.

What brand and and can you send a pic!!1

What brand and and can you send a pic!!1

They are the same model you have on your boat now. $500 for the pair appears to have been an awesome price... when I bought them I thought $500 was still expensive. $1200 for a pair imo is still rediculous.

I did a search and they have a bunch of after market one's for every other tower but the G3, Its not like the G3 just came out, I would think some company would design a board rack that would work, Someone is missing out, I would defiantly look into to a set if they looked good with my stock ones,

This was two years ago, I think total cost after shipping was $549... I cant recall the exact price but not even close to $939 each.... Malibu is making a lot of $ at $939 per side... I am surprised there is not another manufacturer offering them... have you tried contacting Roswell?

I clicked on all of them and not one has a mount for the G3 I think thats the issue, I just wanted 2 fixed mount racks that look similar to my stock Malibu racks to hold a few more boards, Seems all the guys that come with me have there own boards so we still end up with a few of them on the floor, I hate stepping over boards, Might just have to talk to a few of my CNC Buddy's to create a mount to add on to my Tower.

Edited by Wakesetter67

When I was buying my boat the dealer put on a set of fixed racks above the spinner racks. They were angled up a bit more than the spinner racks so the bindings would have a bit more room. I went with an extra set of spinner racks instead and modified them to hold slalom skis on ne side and a kneeboard and wake board on the other. I can swap out different Monster forks for surf boards if I want. When I was negotiating the deal on my boat once I was at the price I wanted I offered and extra $1,000 for the additional pair of spinner racks to close the deal.

Here is a link to the modified spinner racks.

Kris

• Like 1

Here is an idea. I have been able to use my skyski rack on different towers because skyski makes adapters. I don't see why you can't use a board rack made for an Illusion X or XS on a G3 with an adapter from skyski.com.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...