Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thanks Tallredrider, Ballast set up rocks

Rmack

I knew that I wanted to put extra ballast in my new 2012 LSV Wakesetter, but I didn't know exactly how I wanted to go about with the design. Tallredrider gave me my front ballast idea. Thanks!

I also had the heater installed but put the 3rd port in a different place so the bow ballast would get in the way.

Here's my link:

http://2012malibumcglinch.shutterfly.com/

Mad props TRR!!

looks great! what size bag is under the bow? and did you leave the factory seat supports? i'm getting ready to go with the same idea. but i'm making new seat supports and raise the seats 2" so i can get more weight under there...

right now the bow is a 375lb Flyhigh Tube Sac. It has a lower height and just a bit longer than the 400lb. I did leave the factory seat supports as is because I switch out with my 750 if the weight is not enough.

Others were posting that the 400lb sac is enough upfront, hoping that the 375 will be just fine.

Awesome. It's a great setup! From what i can tell by pictures at least...you can always throw lead bags under the seats too if you need an extra few pounds. Hope mine looks that clean when its done.

• 4 weeks later...

I knew that I wanted to put extra ballast in my new 2012 LSV Wakesetter, but I didn't know exactly how I wanted to go about with the design. Tallredrider gave me my front ballast idea. Thanks!

I also had the heater installed but put the 3rd port in a different place so the bow ballast would get in the way.

Here's my link:

http://2012malibumcg...shutterfly.com/

Mad props TRR!!

Somebody has got to alert me when I have been given Props...I just saw this! I have been too busy lately and mostly just hit the general discussion when I have a few minutes. Your welcome.

It looks like you brought the hose up through the port side and then into the front? I think it looks great. I love those black bags, they look more stealth than my bright red ones.

I also noticed that I think you have a different configuration below the circuit breakers above your cupholders...was that stock? It looks sort of like an extra panel was added beneath the circuit breakers. The switches are in a nice place down there. Do you have a better picture of that layout?

Edited by TallRedRider
  • Like 1

BTW, unless you wear the leash when driving, the leash delete is a great easy mod to do. You can reverse the wires on the back of the leash and then the boat won't start with the leash in place. If I ever have to leave the boat unattended at the dock at night, then I will put the leash back in place and if anyone tries to start it, they won't be able to figure it out. The driver's area is just a bit more clean without the leash hanging there.

I have three separate intake ports hooked to 3 jabsco pumps. I have added a pic of the 2 in the rear. The middle pump has it's intake/outlet port next to the original center ballast intake port and run under the drivers dash.

The fuse box should be the original. I will get you some better pics.