Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 Extreme Trailer Paint Issues

pdxWAKE.com

We have a 2009 VLX with 150 hours and we have experienced two separate paint issues now with the trailer. First the paint lifted off of the fenders and now the paint is bubbling and lifting in the corners and starting to peel from up under the trailer.

I thought I remember seeing a simliar issue with someone else a couple years back when I was dealing with the fender issue.

A month ago Extreme was telling our local dealer that this was a warranty issue and advised them to get prices to fix the problem which included sandblasting the whole trailer, prepping the trailer correctly, and repainting.

Currently Extreme has changed their direction and is saying that it is from normal wear and rock chips although the trailer has less than 500 miles on it, mostly to and from our local boat launch. To top it off the boat and trailer are wiped down after every use and stored in the garage and out of the weather 9 months out of the year.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any response from Extreme?

post-10420-0-26750800-1354070833_thumb.j

post-10420-0-19246000-1354070840_thumb.j

My 09 Extreme did not hold up well at all. Not sure it was as severe as yours but I am glad I now have a Boatmate. Superior product and far superior service. Good luck with your not so Extreme.

We have a 2009 VLX with 150 hours and we have experienced two separate paint issues now with the trailer. First the paint lifted off of the fenders and now the paint is bubbling and lifting in the corners and starting to peel from up under the trailer.

I thought I remember seeing a simliar issue with someone else a couple years back when I was dealing with the fender issue.

A month ago Extreme was telling our local dealer that this was a warranty issue and advised them to get prices to fix the problem which included sandblasting the whole trailer, prepping the trailer correctly, and repainting.

Currently Extreme has changed their direction and is saying that it is from normal wear and rock chips although the trailer has less than 500 miles on it, mostly to and from our local boat launch. To top it off the boat and trailer are wiped down after every use and stored in the garage and out of the weather 9 months out of the year.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any response from Extreme?

I had the exact same problem on my 2009 Extreme trailer when it was three months old, Extreme paid to have it sand blasted and repainted.

Terry

• Like 1

Try this number it is extreme's number for quotes....may be able to talk to someone this way. 951 682 5522

Tying to contact them via email or phone doesn't work...Have a 2007 extreme trailer...so far no problems, but am concerned about the torsion axles, just glad I don't have the boat on the trailer that much.

I'd rather have a herd of epileptic monkeys welding my trailer than whoever welded mine...

Edited by jkendallmsce

Yes, surface rust, because the paint is bubbling and lifting. It started in the seams and now is lifting under the trailer and working its way up the sides.

I thought I remember hearing that you had the same problem with yours Jeremy.

It isnt terrible looking now but its going to be a mess once the paint lifts off the sides.

Seems like a common problem with this year. Jeremy yours is a 2009, correct?

What is the normal time frame for coverage on paint ? I have an 08 DHM ... now covered by California trailer works that has had paint falling off if it for a year now. I have just come to the conclusion that Im screwed and gonna have to pay for it . Is Extreme really covering you guys on 09 trailers ? Would love some advice if anyone has input they can throw my way . Sorry for the hi jack ..... just would rather buy fun stuff than re paint a trailer.

Typically the warranty is 3 years (which was August 2012 for this boat). This issue was brought to my dealers attention a year ago. The first paint issue was within the first year and they basically put a bandaid on it by painting just the fenders.

07 extreme trailer, same shiznit, sent it back and told them to do it the right way. It came back fixed but with a ton of overspray. Not so nice I'd say. Good luck