Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Still riding? Lake isn't frozen?

Big Jay D

you have no idea how jealous I am. What lake is that? My dad has a place in Mesa AZ that I can use whenever I want so I've been considering hauling the boat down and leaving it there for the winter. What months are too cold to do watersports?

you have no idea how jealous I am. What lake is that? My dad has a place in Mesa AZ that I can use whenever I want so I've been considering hauling the boat down and leaving it there for the winter. What months are too cold to do watersports?

The lakes usually don't drop below 55F in the winter and Air temps are usually 60-80F. The picture above is Lake Pleasant. Water temp was 65F.

Do you need FAA clearance when you ride?

NOPE! But I should watch for bird traffic. BIG air is THE reason I hydrofoil. No ballast, 24 mph on a 90ft rope. I don't have to worry if I clear the wake and I don't need a wake to go BIG!

This is behind my brothers '79 Ski Nautique. NO WAKE NEEDED! :biggrin:

Huge Air, Big Jay!

I don't have any big air pics, but I did get to the lake this week.

Here is my daughter modeling the newest drysuit and helmet wares. She did get up on the foil, but crashed after 15 seconds or so, and said she was excited to try that as soon as the weather warms up. Hopefully, I have her hooked!

2012-11-21163826.jpg

Took our boat out yesterday for the last run before we put her up for the winter (not really winter down here). Best part, took my 84 year old mother-in-law along with us and she just loved it.

Temps were 74 outside with the water at 68, not bad for November 25th.

Cheers

Took our boat out yesterday for the last run before we put her up for the winter (not really winter down here). Best part, took my 84 year old mother-in-law along with us and she just loved it.

Temps were 74 outside with the water at 68, not bad for November 25th.

Cheers

What is the reason for putting it up? Heck, with those temps, I would still be riding every weekend. The people from the north are jealous!

From Tuesday the 11/20, air temp low 70's water temp high 50's. Looks like 73 for the upcoming weekend, Dec 1st and 2nd. If anyone wants to come to Tulsa, I'll gladly give you a pull.

IMG_0001_33p.jpg

From Tuesday the 11/20, air temp low 70's water temp high 50's. Looks like 73 for the upcoming weekend, Dec 1st and 2nd. If anyone wants to come to Tulsa, I'll gladly give you a pull.

I was up there this weekend, sister lives in Owasso. Getting pretty cold, I imagine you have indoor storage?

Got up this morning and our lake is 1/3 covered with ice.

You can commission a buddy with a Wake-boat to take care of that. Ballast and wedge down should have that broken up in no time... :biggrin:

Trying to see if we can go Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, etc. Will need clear days though. Would have went this afternoon but had a dentist appt. Now the rain will be back for who knows how long.

Nov. 2nd:

https://vimeo.com/53281290

Edit - first time using wakeboard helmet mount. Will secure it better, and point it farther down next time out.

Edited by MalibuTime

Trying to see if we can go Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, etc. Will need clear days though. Would have went this afternoon but had a dentist appt. Now the rain will be back for who knows how long.

Nov. 2nd:

https://vimeo.com/53281290

Edit - first time using wakeboard helmet mount. Will secure it better, and point it farther down next time out.

Nice....gotta lv to live with the rain. I noticed a few out of position turns...know them well.... lol

The only part of our lake that is frozen is the boat launch cove. We were going to go out in my brothers go fast boat, but when we saw the cove hard, backed out. Water measured 32* in front of my place. So I took a quick blast on my sled. 4" of snow on the ground.

edit; air temp topped out at 20* that day (Dec. 1)

Edited by electricjohn

NICE air Jay!

We saw 50 degrees this weekend..... and blowin & rainy too. Never even considered getting the boat out. The lake was white cappin about 3/4s of the time.

Definitely a weird winter. The snow ski areas keep getting a ton of snow, then rain. They open, then their base is shot. Down in town, we've had an inch or so of snow so far, then almost 60 degrees a few days later. No chance of the lake freezing at this rate.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky