Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Makeing a fixed wedge into a floating wedge

session85

I was looking at a floating wedge and dont really see the differance in it and mine so I was woundering if I just blocked off the lock holes on my fixed wedge wont it be the same as a floating wedge?

I think the angle of the wedge is different. The floating wedge is designed to draw closer to the transom as you start underway. The locking wedge uses a pin to hold it against the transom, thus isn't designed to draw closer while underway. If you blocked your pin out it would probably just slam into the up position when you move.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a floating wedge and bracket they want to sell?

It is possible but difficult to find them used. I ended up buying a used bracket but had to buy a new foil. Check ebay as well.

ebay had them new as parts when i looked. I have checked a couple times and couldn't find them again :( I think the parts themselves were like 1300 new. It was worth it for me. I really like the floating wedge concept more than the manual wedge. Less pins to fuss with.

I'm also looking for a newer model like 2009 or newer wakesetter complete windshield and any kind of illusion tower I'm making my second boat into a malibu since I have always had malibus this is the first one that is not however on hual alone it will give any wakesetter or mastercraft a run for biggest wake! This is a Session 22xi only made 2003-2009 they have almost the exact same hual (below the water line) as the newer wakesetters! I'm going to add: wedge, illusion tower, wakesetter windshield & decals and make my own wakesetter model! with the wedge and my current 3400# subfloor ballast sys. I believe I will have the biggest wake on the lake! my motor is the vdrive mercruiser 383 stroker so no power issues plus I run 14.5x14.25 acme 4 blade prop.

You might be able to get the windshield from however makes it for malibu (forgot who that was). I am betting it will not be cheap. You can get decals from bakes for $300 (roughly) per side depending on which you go with. My 2012 wakesetter decals were $500 installed. A member on here has an illusion x for sale.

Thanks I checked it out looks great however b/c of the cost of all the little projects in this process it's too much for my budget !