Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this a good wake to surf?

FastFreddy

Looks like it needs to be dialed in a little more but it looks fine... Does your boat have the wedge? 1100 maybe too big for that boat and you may want to think about a 750 for the rear and then possibly a 400 for the seat.

Looks like it needs to be dialed in a little more but it looks fine... Does your boat have the wedge? 1100 maybe too big for that boat and you may want to think about a 750 for the rear and then possibly a 400 for the seat.

Blasphemy.

Lots of potential there. Yes thats def rideable, little small and short.

Keep the 1100 in the trunk, max it out, and put another 750 or as big as you can go running under your surfside seats.... get your speed up 10.8 - 11.4 and then see what you got.

I don't think 1100lbs is too big either. I probably won't be running it full most of the time but when there's only 2 passengers and one rider I'm sure it will come in handy. I'm going with bags so that I can run them at 500lbs -700lbs -1100lbs, whaterver works based on passengers. I'd hate to go with 750s then regret it. I thought I saw on wakemakers that I should add weight in the bow too? Any thoughts?

Blasphemy.

Lots of potential there. Yes thats def rideable, little small and short.

Keep the 1100 in the trunk, max it out, and put another 750 or as big as you can go running under your surfside seats.... get your speed up 10.8 - 11.4 and then see what you got.

I might be looking at a 2D perspective but there are a few problems with the wave I see in that pic. Number 1 it looks like a wide bend vs. a sharper bend which would have greater hydraulics for pushing. Number 2, the leading edge looks washed out. Again this maybe just the photo but the previous post had a point when he mentioned redistributing weight along the left axis or mid-boat.

I don't think 1100lbs is too big either. I probably won't be running it full most of the time but when there's only 2 passengers and one rider I'm sure it will come in handy. I'm going with bags so that I can run them at 500lbs -700lbs -1100lbs, whaterver works based on passengers. I'd hate to go with 750s then regret it. I thought I saw on wakemakers that I should add weight in the bow too? Any thoughts?

I have a 1100 and its too big for the VLX... it pushes the side wall over into the engine compartment... It really is a Pain in the butt... I bet I dont get over 800lbs in the 1100 in my VLX where the 750 sits nicely... You should have some bow weight as well.. I have an 1100 I will sell ya......Its only been used a couple of times...

I have a 1100 and its too big for the VLX... it pushes the side wall over into the engine compartment... It really is a Pain in the butt... I bet I dont get over 800lbs in the 1100 in my VLX where the 750 sits nicely... You should have some bow weight as well.. I have an 1100 I will sell ya......Its only been used a couple of times...

Ya sure I'll buy the 1100. PM me a price.

Weight up front will clean up your lip and add length, Start with a couple of teenagers and see how you like it.

Yes thank you. I've heard that it might as well. Apparently this picture was taken with the surftabs in action as well.

Make sure we are talking surfing.... And surfing only.

Lots of guys come on here talking about the bags causing the engine walls to jump track... iME that's why happens when you run 1100s in both trunks.

As that 1100 fills it leans the boat hard and most of the weight is against the hull, very little on the engine wall.

Same in my boat... I can't get 1100 in my 1100... Perhaps 750-900 if I am lucky. Never has caused the wall to jump track, because of the lean... Whereas of I were to max out 1100s in each trunk, I am sure it would cause it to jump track.

Yes I believe they are trim tabs. I guess it makes the boat lean to one side even harder.

Can you take a pic of the "tabs" ? How/where are they mounted?