Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Stereo Info

wsdud

I want to change out my stereo for a unit with bluetooth and it would have to have a wired remote or if one that would fit the wired remote that is in the boat now, it is a sony unit. Does anyone have any makes and models that you have used .

thanks

Jim

Edited by wsdud

If your current head-unit has AUX inputs, there are a few decent BT receivers that will work for you. Most are recharged/powered via USB. So itf you wanted to hard wire it in, you can install a simple USB power outlet and just plug it in. The USB outlet can also be used to charge any other USB device you take out with you.

If your current head-unit has AUX inputs, there are a few decent BT receivers that will work for you. Most are recharged/powered via USB. So itf you wanted to hard wire it in, you can install a simple USB power outlet and just plug it in. The USB outlet can also be used to charge any other USB device you take out with you.

All it has is 2 bus audio inputs a left and right

Alpine iDA-X100M. Alpine has the best transom remotes of any brand. It is semi-wired; wired for power but the signal is RF. Has direct iPod controls as well. I don't have the Bluetooth receiver on mine as that is an Alpine add-on (KCE-400BT). I went with Alpine mainly because if I was going to drill a hole in the boat for a transom remote, I might as well get the nicest one possible.