Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I got laid off yesterday...

bamabonners

Sorry, BAMA I was laid off in the beginning of the year. The sad thing is I only see harder times ahead the good news is we are smart hard working people and we will always come out on top in the end. One thing I can tell you is many others are just like you start looking yesterday.

Sorry to hear that Bama. Don't sweat it too much. Turn adversity into opportunity - keep your chin up, you'll get a better job and make more money. Heck, you'll be selling your LSV and buying a new 'Bu!.

Good to hear you've done a little planning ahead.....a lot of people don't have that foresight.

That's a bamabummer. My company on Friday cut 60 people... from a company of 220. Fiancee works for GE Healthcare and they just had a HUGE layoff yesterday too which corporate has directly linked to healthcare changes on the horizon. Rough times... :(

Sorry to hear the news, but like all others have said...gotta keep the chin up. We all started at some point with no job, the stakes were lower, but you also are probably a lot smarter than you were then.

• Like 1

It is just sad to see hard working folks in this situation. Unfortunately it probably won't be uncommon next year as smaller businesses start to deal with government health care and higher taxes along with what will likely be a stagnate economy. Most businesses don't really have a sense yet for the cost in store around health care. In the end good employees will end up in a good position it is just too bad that their may be some tough times in the interim.

I wish you the best in your job search and we will all hope for better fiscal policy that fosters small business (non fortune 2000 companies) and jobs.

Sorry to hear about your job loss. I was jobless last year at this time after having been fired from a company I worked 20 years at. I am now working for a company that is so much better than my old place it is not even funny. Things usually work out in the end as others have said. You're positive attitude is critical - keep that up throughout the process. I also made sure to stay active and not just sit around the house. Do those two things plus put in the effort on searching and networking and you'll land on your feet before you know it. Best of luck.

Glad to hear that the interview went well! I work in the same industry and its gotten tough...my company (perhaps the same one) laid off a bunch of people this year and it looks like there's more to come. I never worried about losing my job until I saw some of the people that got laid off the last time. Hope you find something even better though!!!

Edited by Big_Moose_Wakesetter