Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finalizing 2013 LSV Order (How does this look?)

pkh

Ok I have struggled with color and model choices for months and have settled on this. A few bits:

- I started with thinking 24 MXZ but we surf 90% of the time and all signs point to 23 LSV being the killer surf boat, I've ridden behind a surfgate 23 with a 750's and it was great. Still haven't test drove a 24 MXZ but should in a week or so, that's probably the only thing that could get me to change my mind.

- I wanted white tower originally but am worried about trying to keep it clean, also when I started looking again black tower just looks meaner.

- Pretty much maxed options out, sound pack 3, underwater transom lights ... only things I skipped was docking lights, walkthru transom, stainless glove box

- Haven't decided trailer color yet, my truck is white so leaning towards that but black trailer would probably look good with black tower

- Leaning towards Ryan Trailer because of rust issues I had with Boatmate trailer

- Tower will be 4x Samson SMT65 powered by Harpoon Amp

photoshopped%20lsv%20with%20correct%20bottom%20accent.png?dl=1

- Inspiration for color scheme was 30th Anniversary colors but with a white hull

- This is a photoshopped image because i think Malibu site does not properly show the bottom hull accent on Progressive, it goes too high.. here's non photoshopped version

MyBoat_wakesetter-23-lsv_progressive_boat-top-view.png?dl=1

- Interior photos show black floor but leaning towards white floor, though I think the black floor looks great in these photos

4060814_0_091020121521_9.jpeg?dl=1

4060814_0_091020121521_10.jpeg?dl=1

I have only 2 hours on my lsv, thank you winter. You will love the surf wave on it. Those colors look good. Might look st moonbeam instead of white. Also moonbeam floor. Saw one like that at factory and it looks great with the blue. The vapor blue and white us a very stark contrast, if you are going for that. The white on 30th is a pearly and not really a bright white.

Might look st moonbeam instead of white. Also moonbeam floor. Saw one like that at factory and it looks great with the blue. The vapor blue and white us a very stark contrast, if you are going for that. The white on 30th is a pearly and not really a bright white.

Second that. And it won't hold heat as much as a black/dark color.

EDIT: I love the colors!

Edited by PhishJY

Wow, we picked very similiar colors for our new boats. They would like sweet next to each other. I ended up picking black for my trailer. I had white for my last trailer and didn't like it.

4a2fba4fb826de953fe48e8a9b0f7846.jpg

Yeah I go back and forth, I think the white trailer would look good with my white truck. The dealer is suggesting I go that route...

Your Response looks sweet, I am not a skier, but I love the way those boats look.

Funny you bring that one up throg because I was eyeing that exact boat to copy its design. I ended up modifying it slightly and I hope I end up with something I like even more. I am a little nervous because I don't have photos of this exact boat to look at but rather pieces from a bunch of different designs. (BTW, the LSV is probably my least favorite boat in terms of the gel patterns offered.)

Its somewhat of a risk but if it pays off I will have a one of a kind boat that matches exactly my tastes.

White Tower - Yeah I am back and forth but the more I think about it I just rather not put up with the headache of cleaning it. My boat is stored in a warehouse with loaders that run on diesel, so there is some soot in the air and I am sure it will stick to the white tower like glue.

Plus I feel like the black tower looks pretty mean with the windows and everything.

Edited by pkh