Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Factory Tour 11/12/2012 with pics and new info!

bamabonners

one observation about the 20 mxz that both my wife and I had - that baby is small. We saw it sitting next to a TXI and the txi made it look small. On the flip side, the 24 mxz is huge. The proportions between the bow and cockpit on the 24 look really good.

Here is the link to the pictures, (For description of pictures, click on "Media Info" on the right side of page). CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES

Do you have a link that isn't the "Beta" photobucket site. I can't display the pictures for more than 10 seconds or so until it re-directs me someplace and it gives me an error.

A couple of times I've gotten a picture to display bigger than a thumbnail and none of the arrows work to page through the picture.

We are travelling from WA to TN, GA, SC, and FL for a family vacation Mar. 25 to April 9th. We have our factory tour scheduled for March 28th, 2013--can't wait. I took the Merced, CA tour back in Nov. 2007 so it will be an interesting comparison. Also scheduling a BoatMate factory tour for the same day.

Can't wait!!!

Edited by Cory

MXZ_22.jpg

That is one sweet looking color combo, would be amazing on the water.... I also like it with the stock black G3 tower.

Now that I see this boat in a different light, it is clear that is Vapor Blue, not Stratmospheric Blue Metallic. It looks a lot more tuquoise in this pic than the previous, and there is no flake to it.

Yes very nice pictures! I belive SS stands for Stainless Steel! Check out the Indmar web. "www.indmar.com"

I just purchased a 2013 30 year anniversary Response TXi with the Monsoon 409 SS, this is the L96, 6L Chevy, 410hp motor? It has the Indmar

polished header ETX Cat package which i believe is designated by the "SS". Please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Dare to go Bare

Great pictures!

all engines in both the axis line and malibu line are referred to as monsoons this year. why? Have no idea and I think that's terrible. Now the distinctions will be apparent only by numerical denotations. (330v350 v 409 v 427 v 573) some by horsepower, some by displacement. Nonsense IMO.

I gotta agree with you on this one. If they want to name them by their horsepower rating then fine, but calling them all "Monsoon's" makes no sense considering what Monsoon has meant historically. It was the name for a single engine, not a lineup. I also don't understand why they all have SS in their name now. Stainless Steel? Well they don't all have the polished stainless steel headers so I doubt that's it. Saltwater Series? I don't think those were all saltwater engines. Super Sport? Just dumb, they can't all be "Super Sport" engines. I think all of these new naming games just makes engine selection even less clear for the new buyer. Come on Indmar, you can do better then that.

Edited by Brett B

Thanks, love the pics. One thing that has been said before is they use different vinyl on different boats is that true are could you tell. ROLL TIDE!!!

personally, i don't see what the big deal is here with the engine linup change. Chevy has the line of Vortec engines - same principle with the Monsoon line here. You have the Monsoon 350, Monsoon 409, 427, and 572 (Number corresponds with displacement). Seems alot easier than L this and L that, horsepower this, blah blah blah.

No big deal, I don't see how that adds confusion.

As far as the SS badge - I don't know what that is about. Probably just marketing - the SS badge conjures up ideas of sports car or big muscle cars.

Thanks, love the pics. One thing that has been said before is they use different vinyl on different boats is that true are could you tell. ROLL TIDE!!!

All Malibus use the same vinyl. Some models have diamond grain that others do not have. They just run the uncut roll of vinyl across the CNC cutter, dial up the program for that model boat, and then the cut pieces get handed to the sewing ladies (literally sitting next to the cutter).

I believe they said Axis now uses same weight vinyl as well, just not as nice of patters.

bama, that's the thing, there is no lineup change. It's the same engines. For what, 16 years, monsoon meant one thing: Malibu's "upgraded" 350. We may all understand that. Will Mastercraft people? will buyers of our used boats in five years really notice the huge difference between a a 427 "monsoon" and a "monsoon" with no numerical designation? I don't think so. Why call an LS3 a monsoon? It deserves to be called an LS3, same with LSA.

personally, i don't see what the big deal is here with the engine linup change. Chevy has the line of Vortec engines - same principle with the Monsoon line here. You have the Monsoon 350, Monsoon 409, 427, and 572 (Number corresponds with displacement). Seems alot easier than L this and L that, horsepower this, blah blah blah.

No big deal, I don't see how that adds confusion.

As far as the SS badge - I don't know what that is about. Probably just marketing - the SS badge conjures up ideas of sports car or big muscle cars.

Inregards to the engine models 409, 427 etc, this also dos'nt line up with displacement. For example check out Indmars specs for the 409 on there web,

it's displacement is listed as 364cid, as is on GMS Chevy marine engine specs for the L96 6L, which this engine is. Yes very confusing! As

with the "SS".