Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemaker's custom VLX sac

soundsofsatori

Thinking about asking Santa for some more fun bags and wondering if anyone has tried this custom VLX surf sac offered by WakeMakers:

http://www.wakemakers.com/05-malibu-vlx-custom-ballast-bag.html

We've done a similar set up with a 750 in the locker and a 550 only partially filled under the seats and the surf was gorgeous behind my 09VLX. Figure this would up the ante and completely fill the available space, just worried that 1400 pounds may have the rub rail submerged and could put the exhaust at risk.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar bag I ordered directly from fly high for my 09 VLX. We run it, plus a 450 on the seat and 450 in the bow along with stock mls on the surf side. When riding, the rub rail will be at or slightly below the water. I have never had any issues with it or the exhaust.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure some of you that have these bags will chime here. I have wondered if these "Enzo" style bags surge when you take off or stop. Are there any baffles in them or does the water just rush forward and back?

I've never read or seen anywhere that the Enzo style bag or any other bag, "FH" or others have baffles. The "FH" Enzo bags deo have an a$$ load of fill and drain fittings which is understandable at almost 17' long and 1450lbs.

Thanks Ray Ray. Which Fly High sac are you using? I'm guessing its one of the Enzo style?

I custom ordered it directly from fly high a couple years ago and yes it is an enzo style bag. There is a custom order form right on fly high's website so you can measure it out and put the holes/connections wherever you want. I will attach a couple pics.

I'm sure some of you that have these bags will chime here. I have wondered if these "Enzo" style bags surge when you take off or stop. Are there any baffles in them or does the water just rush forward and back?

The water does slosh around a bit and will also push up your seats depending on the size of the bag. We ran another 450 on that seat and never noticed it.

2010-09-15_19-36-55_484_zps4f9737c0.jpg

2010-09-15_19-36-30_380_zps8cd9cb7e.jpg

BigE I just relocated the overflow up by the observers seat this also prevents any water intrusion. I left the original vent in the hull and filled it with silicone and bought a new vent from skidom works perfect.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone detail to me how the piggy-back kit hooks up to the existing rear hard-tanks? With a 750 lb Fly-high sac is there ample room in the locker for it to fill up completly (50"x20"x20" is the size of the sac)

Thanks

Yep, if it isn't totally full it will slosh some. Ours isn't too bad and it's a huge bag.