Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tapatalk App

TheHardWay

I'm using an iphone 5 for my cell phone. When I visit this form, and several others on my phone, I get a message saying that the site is set up to use the Tapatalk forum app. I'm curious to know if anyone here is using the app. If so, how do you like it? Is it worth buying?

Yeah I love tapatalk! I don't even have a BU but I have my tapatalk app setup with all the tapatalk friendly wakeboard/boat forums I could find! So easy to use and keep up with what's current.

I have Tapatalk. I bought it because it's a great consolidator of all sorts of different forums. If you follow more than one forum, it's nice to have them all in one place. The topics load fast and are easy to read on the small screen. Everything is easy to click on the small screen (e.g. no microscopic hot links like in the browser). You can also read your PM's, see pics, videos, etc. Although, I have noticed that sometimes embedded videos don't show.

Here's what my Tapatalk home page looks like... (no jabs about Teamtalk please)

F239711D-FC16-47A3-A3B1-DECDE250C5A9-3802-000006127DF0B153.jpg

Here's what this very forum looks like (as of 5 minutes ago)

F3EF9905-66B5-4171-9AB4-8D81DDE3BFBA-3802-0000061289819E21.jpg

Edited by IXFE

Just my Samsung GS3 internet connection, no tapatalk here. Probably necessary is you have the Iphone 5... you have to have an app for everything on the Iphone.

Nice try at a dig on the iPhone, but don't need an app to surf TMC. I don't like TMC's mobile site either and always direct back to the standard sight, which works just fine with the iPhone and Safari browser.

Nice try at a dig on the iPhone, but don't need an app to surf TMC. I don't like TMC's mobile site either and always direct back to the standard sight, which works just fine with the iPhone and Safari browser.

Lol, I figured out of the 15,000 users here it would have been you to respond to my post. Your like a moth to the flame :)

Lol, I figured out of the 15,000 users here it would have been you to respond to my post. Your like a moth to the flame :)

Don't worry, I'm about to replace my 3rd company Galaxy S2. Just like the 1st one, this 3rd one has a POS charging port that charges when it wants to. I'm sure the S3 is just as bad.

And there may be 15k registered users, but I doubt there are over 100 active posters on the site.

Edited by Nitrousbird

I have Tapatalk. I bought it because it's a great consolidator of all sorts of different forums. If you follow more than one forum, it's nice to have them all in one place. The topics load fast and are easy to read on the small screen. Everything is easy to click on the small screen (e.g. no microscopic hot links like in the browser). You can also read your PM's, see pics, videos, etc. Although, I have noticed that sometimes embedded videos don't show.

This is more what I was after. I may have been unclear in my first post, as THC mobile site works just fine.

I'm on several forums, so I was curious how well it works for keeping multiple accounts organized in one place.

So does the app give you a notice when a new reply has been made to a subscribed thread, you get a PM, etc?

How about email notices? When you click on the email link to read the new reply, if you have it set up to do so, will it open it in the app or does it open in the browser?

Edited by RedRum

Don't worry, I'm about to replace my 3rd company Galaxy S2. Just like the 1st one, this 3rd one has a POS charging port that charges when it wants to. I'm sure the S3 is just as bad.

And there may be 15k registered users, but I doubt there are over 100 active posters on the site.

At least you are not paying for them... have not heard about any major problems with the GS3.

I have been very pleased with all Samsung products, I have a television as well. So far the GS3 has been great... They have sold over 30 million GS3 phones... just read about it being the best selling phone on the market today.

I was gonna go with the S3 when I got a new phone. The only thing I didn't care for was that it seemed bigger. That was somewhat of an issue for me since I always carry my phone in my pocket.

I was gonna go with the S3 when I got a new phone. The only thing I didn't care for was that it seemed bigger. That was somewhat of an issue for me since I always carry my phone in my pocket.

Funny, now I pick up an Iphone and it seems tiny.... surprisingly the gs3 is pretty user friendly in the pocket. I like to watch videos on my phone, and surf the web, the larger screen was a big reason I went with the GS3.

I ended up giving it a shot. I have to say, I like it. Having all of my forums organized in one app is pretty slick. Even though the mobile sites for several of the forums I belong to, TMC included, worked just fine, I think the Tapatalk ones are better. When it came down to it, $2.99 for the app wasn't that big of a deal, which is why I decided to give it a shot.

The only thing I don't like was how Tapatalk linked to my Twitter account. YES, I have a Twitter account, but I hardly EVER am on it....just something I signed up for during the elections. Since my Twitter account is linked to my Facebook page, every thing I said on the forums showed up on Facebook. Fortunately I was able to disable this, even though I don't recall giving the permission.

One area of improvement that I would like to see has to do with the instant email notifications. It would be nice to be able to click on the link in the email notification, and have it open in Tapatalk, rather than go to the website's full/mobile version. Is it possible to do this? If so, I haven't found the setting to change.

I ended up giving it a shot. I have to say, I like it. Having all of my forums organized in one app is pretty slick. Even though the mobile sites for several of the forums I belong to, TMC included, worked just fine, I think the Tapatalk ones are better. When it came down to it, $2.99 for the app wasn't that big of a deal, which is why I decided to give it a shot.

The only thing I don't like was how Tapatalk linked to my Twitter account. YES, I have a Twitter account, but I hardly EVER am on it....just something I signed up for during the elections. Since my Twitter account is linked to my Facebook page, every thing I said on the forums showed up on Facebook. Fortunately I was able to disable this, even though I don't recall giving the permission.

One area of improvement that I would like to see has to do with the instant email notifications. It would be nice to be able to click on the link in the email notification, and have it open in Tapatalk, rather than go to the website's full/mobile version. Is it possible to do this? If so, I haven't found the setting to change.

I think you can...let me look and I'll let you know...