Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trying to winterize indmar LCR 320 can't find blocked drain plugs

MalibuWantToBe

First time winterizing and following the great video on the process for a monsoon 350. Yet when I get to the block drain plugs the show a knock sensor that I can't find. I do see on the port and starboard side a brass fitting that could be the drain plugs but I really am not sure. Anyone know if these are it or if I need to keep looking for the knock sensors?

Thanks in advance.

The LCR motor does not have Knock sensors.

Just remove those brass plugs and let the water drain.

Also, put the plugs back in for the off season, do not leave them out over the winter.

Take this out. And, if you wanna get really crafty, drill a hole in the square head and drive a roll pin in there and then, put vinly caps on the roll pin to make this a no-tool install and removal.

quickdrain.jpg

Also, put the plugs back in for the off season, do not leave them out over the winter.

run a wire into the holes in the block once the drain plug is pulled.

scale build-up can block the port and keep the water from draining.

I would leave those plugs out if it were me.

Listen to Pete

As long as you only remove the brass plug from the brass fitting you should be ok, but if you remove the whole brass fitting from engine block. The engine block threads will rust. Making it hard to re-install in spring. Just a heads up!

• Like 1

Really, the LCR has no knock sensor? How does it retard engine timing when there is knock? Assume low enough engine load for the timing that no knock occurs?

Really, the LCR has no knock sensor? How does it retard engine timing when there is knock? Assume low enough engine load for the timing that no knock occurs?

It just runs a more conservative timing table in the ECM to begin with, so knock will not occur. Its the reason its rated 20 HP or so below the Monsoon

It just runs a more conservative timing table in the ECM to begin with, so knock will not occur. Its the reason its rated 20 HP or so below the Monsoon

+1. If I recall correctly, the lack of a knock sensor and the ECM logic associated with it is the only difference between the LCR and the Monsoon.

+1. If I recall correctly, the lack of a knock sensor and the ECM logic associated with it is the only difference between the LCR and the Monsoon.

Well that plus the intake plenum and the EXT manifolds also...