Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cruise control on a river

picknicker

The standard precision pro speed control is paddlewheel based in "speed" mode, and rpm based in "rpm" mode. If the boat has the optional Maliview integrated GPS speed control, that will be GPS based only. GPS is ground speed only, where as the precision pro in "speed" mode will be speed through the water. In a river with a strong current your groundspeed will show a noticable difference between heading into the current vs with the current, when using a paddlewheel based speed control. Using a GPS speed control you speed over the water surface will be different, but your ground speed will remain the same.

Yes gps(zero off) allows RPM mode. But how hard is it to bump speed up 2mph when going down riv and back up 2mph when you turn around???

And then down 0.5mph where the river is wider, then back up 0.7mph where it squeezes through that bridge....I could go on. :) It's just a pain more than it is difficult. The current on our river is varying all the time. It is a huge deal while trick skiing when 0.2mph makes a big difference.

And then down 0.5mph where the river is wider, then back up 0.7mph where it squeezes through that bridge....I could go on. :) It's just a pain more than it is difficult. The current on our river is varying all the time. It is a huge deal while trick skiing when 0.2mph makes a big difference.

That could make a diff. I don't trick ski but do board on a river some and for us wakeboarding it works just fine.

Besides I'd think that paddle wheel design would move around .5 mph just normal operation.