Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Favorite Wakeboard Combo

mrnate450r

I am looking at getting a new board and bindings for next year. I have been riding behind an I/O with a cheap O'brein board that I sold with the boat and it's time to upgrade. I am thinking a Ronix Parks Modello with the Parks bindings. I like to match(I'm weird like that)! So, what is your favorite board combo?

LF Watson Hybrid with the last avalible pair of LF Shane open toe bindings. But I've swapped to Hyperlite System Pro bindings with Webb boots in the past month. I have no clue how they ride since I haven't had a chance to ride them yet. Stupid work!

Not sure on the newer Parks boards (by Hyperlite or Ronix) but I remember the older Parks boards put out by Hyperlite were not very user friendly.

Don't worry about matching. I know its cool and looks good but some of the best stuff I've had in all sports have been by peicing together parts to get exactly what I wanted. If your name is written on the board then matching is probably the best bet. But if its not your name on the board odds are matching is not the best for you.

The older parks boards def were not user friendly. They say the new ones on ronix (ibex and parks). I hear you on matching bc I think the parks board from last year (black and blue color combo) was a sick combo.

Demo if you can but the description on the parks board might be good for you.

Getting a new board this year, but Hyperlite Marek nova with hyperlite system bindings and Murray system boot. I'm definitely getting this combo for 2013.

Based on the Marek description, I would think I would be prone to catching a toeside edge with the sharp continous edge. I like a loose feeling board that slides well. Anybody ride the Hyperlite Tribute or Forefront?

How much money do you what to spend. I like spending your money. :innocent: Open toe or Close toe. Do you like a real fast board or a little slower board do you get a lot of pop or do need a board that may help a little. How good do you ride. I ride all LF. Watson Fly and Watson bindings. If you buy last years you can save a ton of money. One last thing become a Crewsupporter and use the discount you will me supporting the crew and saving money all in one. FYI Boardstop will give you the same discount as Buywake both are great to buy from just call boardstop if you want the discount.

http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_41&products_id=5525

http://www.boardstop.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_40&products_id=5591

I don't think you can just go buy a Watson Fly anymore. So I will probably go with a Hybrid next time.

Well, I plan on getting a 2012 board just to save money. I am an advanced beginner at best! I want a board I can progress on without feeling a need for more in a year or two. I am about 220 lbs and I think a 145 would suit me better, but a wider 143 might not be bad either. I am comfortable spending a fair amount for the right setup, I would like to keep it under $600 for both board and bindings. The LF Watson Hybrid looks like a contender too! I wish I could demo them all, but my dealer here only has hyperlite and Ronix.

Well, I plan on getting a 2012 board just to save money. I am an advanced beginner at best! I want a board I can progress on without feeling a need for more in a year or two. I am about 220 lbs and I think a 145 would suit me better, but a wider 143 might not be bad either. I am comfortable spending a fair amount for the right setup, I would like to keep it under $600 for both board and bindings. The LF Watson Hybrid looks like a contender too! I wish I could demo them all, but my dealer here only has hyperlite and Ronix.

Well my cousin's rep fried can get me a $750 Marek for $380..

Well my cousin's rep fried can get me a $750 Marek for $380..

I am in the wrong business! Almost 100% markup! I like the description on the Watson Classic. Fast and loose...just how I like it! For clarification, my board NOT my women! I need the hookup on some system bindings!

boards i road this summer in order of favorites. just my preference

LF watson hybrid ltd with watson boots ltd (current set up)

SS Response with LF vantages

SS whip with LF vantages

LF Harley with Watson Boots

Byerly Monarck with Pro Bindings

LF Wintess with Transit

LF Trip with Index

I ride a Phoenix Project board, and love it. I would demo one. Most of my friends who ride it also love it, whether they ride a stiffer more traditional board, or a real flex deck like the Slingshots.

(I find it to be a great compromise between the two.)

I ride a Phoenix Project board, and love it. I would demo one. Most of my friends who ride it also love it, whether they ride a stiffer more traditional board, or a real flex deck like the Slingshots.

(I find it to be a great compromise between the two.)

I wish we could demo Ronix boards around here. the only Ronix shop in KC has a strict no demo policy, even after debating with the owner, and now they are no longer carrying ronix starting next season. go figure....

Do you guys even have an inboard dealer in KC? My dealer here in Wichita sells Ronix and I am pretty sure they will demo! I just wish they had LF!

Summitt Boats and Gear is a nautique and moomba dealer. We've lost 2 Malibu dealers in 3 years. Everything else is at LOTO or TableRock. There's two liquid force board shops here doing demo's, slingshot also.

• 1 month later...

I love my 2012 One Modella, i have the lime green with the 2011 black/Green Frank boots! rode 2010 Ibex prior to the One board... One is a lot faster! love it!!!! All Ronix all the time!!!