Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Questions for the foilers

Flyswatter

I have an air chair from the 95ish time frame. I have only used this one foil, and I am debating on upgrading to a newer version of the air chair or sky ski. Should I repair my old air chair? Or is there a big difference with the newer models? My old air chair needs bindings, belt, and a seat cushion...

About half of the time when I cross the wake preparing for a jump the foil gets sucked back down. Does this happen on newer models?

My foil makes a humming sound once up to speed. Is this normal?

To assist with your answers I will give you some background info. I am comfortable jumping and I am able to land a back flip about 25% of the time.

I have an older skyski from 2002 that i pit cinchmax foot stays and waiste strap on and it is fine although i would love a new on.i can do gainers, wake rolls and tried the front flip over the wake a few tims but have not been able to do it yet. a new foil can cost up to $5000. I can't justify that. You can shim the wing with a dime or a piece of a credit card. There is a website called foilforum.com that can be very helpfull or ask bill from this site AKA airjunky

I started on an air chair but, upgraded to a Sky Ski Pro ST after riding a buddies.

There was a huge performance gain and much larger availability of aftermarket parts ie. wings, bindings, etc...

I happen to buy the S.S. used off a member here and only paid $1,500. I'm sure over this winter if you kept an eye on ebay, Craigslist, this forum, foil forum, etc, something will pop up.

It's worth the upgrade to a S.S.

I will be keeping my eyes out. I was going to post this question on foilforum, but I never got the initial email to verify membership. Thanks for your inputs.

Foiler1, I also can't justify $5000 for a new foil, I could justify upgrading to a foil that is a couple years old for a better price...