Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tint windows on 2012 VLX without removing the windows

Reto

Tint windows on 2012 VLX without removing the windows.

I ask me if that is possible?

My dashboard touches the portside window because of the dash elevation.

I did read here in the forum that some people have done the tinting without removing the windows. How should that work?

Yes, it can be done... no need to remove windows... I have 20% on my 2011 vlx. Just make sure and take it to someone who has done boats before. I have a great recommendation for anyone in the Sacramento, ca area.

Edited by Fman
  • Like 1

This is the 20% tint. I did not have to remove anything to have the windows tinted. I would have to check and see if my dash touches the window, I know its pretty close. For any tinter with boat experience the Wakesetter window is pretty easy to do in comparison to one piece wrap around windows on some boats.

Sept_20_2.jpg

Thanks for your answers! :)

Seems that my VLX is different to others.

Reto,

Can you post some pictures of where your dash is touching the windshield?

Terry

• 3 weeks later...