Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Got carried away today, SSLXI Interior Rehab

Bozboat

I was planning on installing skins from Chee this Winter…

(2022 edit: years after this thread took place chee went out of business taking some crew members money with him)

Then the carpet came out. Then the fuel tank, then the fuel lines. Need some fuel lines, old ones were cracked and tough.

IMG_0128.jpg

B54D943B-503C-4130-8833-121A5B7C6EE5.jpeg

Edited by Bozboat

Carried away is an understatement. If I got "carried away" and did that to my own boat I'd call it vandalism and file an insurance claim. Can't help you with the hinge. Good luck on the project!

• Like 3

Carried away is an understatement. If I got "carried away" and did that to my own boat I'd call it vandalism and file an insurance claim. Can't help you with the hinge. Good luck on the project!

Hahaha!

Bozboat, been looking for some hinges and haven't found anything exactly like those yet, that may be a call to Bakes or Peter kind of item, but here are some similar I think:

http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/1613-round-door-hinge

Or possibly:

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/mobileportal/show_product.do?pid=2618&familyName=3.5%22+Stainless+Steel+Stamped+Round+Hinge

If I remember correctly, the screws don't show thru were the latch attaches to the top of the storage locker hatch, so these might not work.

Bozboat, been looking for some hinges and haven't found anything exactly like those yet, that may be a call to Bakes or Peter kind of item, but here are some similar I think:

http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/1613-round-door-hinge

Or possibly:

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/mobileportal/show_product.do?pid=2618&familyName=3.5%22+Stainless+Steel+Stamped+Round+Hinge

If I remember correctly, the screws don't show thru were the latch attaches to the top of the storage locker hatch, so these might not work.

Thanks, I think I found the exact hinge at the marine hardware link above, deep in the catalogue,

You'll definitely have that new boat smell going on!

Once you get started I can see how it would just progress, it really isn't all that hard to go to town on a boat like that. The very fact that there is no wood eliminates so many BS issues and surprises, that the rest is easy, or at least predictable. You'll be glad you did it all right.

You'll definitely have that new boat smell going on!

Once you get started I can see how it would just progress, it really isn't all that hard to go to town on a boat like that. The very fact that there is no wood eliminates so many BS issues and surprises, that the rest is easy, or at least predictable. You'll be glad you did it all right.

Thanks, that old smell was getting to me.

Good start! I love it when that happens--gives an excuse to do everything on the list.

Back to factory, or some custom colors/patterns?

I got a set of factory pattern skins from Chee a year ago and didn't get them installed in time for this last season. The new stuff from Chee is the same pattern, but it seems the materials are much better than original. I am looking at carpet options at this point.

Might be an odd question, but my 2002 SSLXI doesn't have the rear "step pads." Is this something they only offered in 1999? Or an option?

I do have the ones closer to the windshield though.

Might be an odd question, but my 2002 SSLXI doesn't have the rear "step pads." Is this something they only offered in 1999? Or an option?

I do have the ones closer to the windshield though.

You have a keen eye. Those steps were my way of cleaning up a sin of a prior owner. I won't say what I think they were, just that they are gone.

IMG_5864-1.jpg