Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Took the maiden voyage today - 2012 23 LSV

bamabonners

For starters, thanks to Pirates Cove Marine. They always treat me and my family very well.

We took our maiden voyage today in the LSV. I was a little worried because my wife had not seen the boat until today (yea, i like living on the edge, LOL). Lucky for me, she loved the colors. The first thing she said was that it was classy. My parent also came along. They agreed as well. Thank goodness, everyone like the colors!!

For the ride we had myself, my wife, my son, my dad, my step-mom, my dealer, and his fiancee - wanted to see how it did with some people on board. I have to say ,the monsoon 350 with high alititude prop did excellend. Power was excellent and very smooth. Water was too cold to surf, but I had to see the wake. We used factory preset for surf left voice activated ballast on the port side - wake is good but short. I raised the wedge and added some speed and the pocket was much better. It was much easier to get set up than the VLX. Just my experience, but I never could get the VLX to have a great surf weight - decent, but not great. This one was much better right off the bat. I will be adding some custom sacs, however.

Ride quality is excellent and handling is like a sports car. Driving position is higher than the VLX, which is a much welcomed change.

The new aquamat is awesome!! It kindof tickles the feet, but in a good way. I like it.

Overall, we love the new boat. I am so glad I decided to go with 2012 LSV instead of 2013 VTX.

boat on the water:

onwater.jpg

As for mods, here is a small list (not really much more that it needs):

transom tie downs

tower speakers

custom sac

tint windows

possibly hinge cooler seat bottom

As for water temp - it was 65 degrees. That is too cold for most of us southerners without any kind of suit, plus I had to go get ready for the Bama game!!

Edited by bamabonners

As for mods, here is a small list (not really much more that it needs):

transom tie downs

tower speakers

custom sac

tint windows

possibly hinge cooler seat bottom

As for water temp - it was 65 degrees. That is too cold for most of us southerners without any kind of suit, plus I had to go get ready for the Bama game!!

geaux tigers!!! ah :( really good game...

back on topic, nice boat man, co'mon nah..65 isnt bad!! Just don't fall off the board..

I've told u before and ill say it again. One of the classiest boats ive ever seen!! Congrats man! Glad you got your wife's approval! I didnt get my wife to agree until she saw how many cup holders it has hahhaa (not joking) cant wait to possibly get a wakeboard review???

the voice activated ballast is a great option... I have relied upon the dynamic ballast for years... hopefully you opted for the gear respect option.... I have never had success with no show warranty. :cheers: