Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Turning the key to the on position in the winter

Is it bad that I turned the key to the on (not the start) postion on my new 2005 RLXI that I picked up today even though it has been winterized? I did hear the fuel pump run.

Does it really matter now? I mean really, not much you can do now.

When you say 'on', do you mean the accessory position, turned to the left? Or half way to the ignition position? If you turned it to the left I don't think any juice makes it to the engine or it's parts - but I'm no tech.

If you turned it to the right, well... Maybe you should sell it to me for $20K. I'll pull your engine and rework the heads. I'll be giving you a great deal, and save you an incredible amount of headache.

OK, j/k. I think you're fine man.

If you have a brand new boat you need to start posting more anyway. See, if you would have been spending more time on the site you wouldn't have been tempted to turn that key! :)

Don't listen to him, he just wants a new boat.

And speaking of posting, Chatham posted more often before he even owned a boat.

You're cool as long as you don't crank the motor.

And speaking of posting, Chatham posted more often before he even owned a boat.

Yeah, I did what? Maybe 4 years of lurking and posting before buying my 'bu. No rules about owning first that's for sure. Congrats on the new boat

It's cool... you won't hurt anything. In fact, as a new boat owner, you'll be spending plenty of time in the garage / driveway sitting in the boat, playing the radio and drinking a beer or two. That was my nightly ritual when I first picked mine up. :)

It's cool... you won't hurt anything. In fact, as a new boat owner, you'll be spending plenty of time in the garage / driveway sitting in the boat, playing the radio and drinking a beer or two. That was my nightly ritual when I first picked mine up. :)

Could this be grounds for a get-a-life award of some kind?

Cool so I am not crazy. My wife was thinking of having me commited. She just doesn't get sitting in the garage, in the boat with a beer. Yes I am pretty sure I will have many quality evenings with'r (the boat that is) between now and ice-off.

You will be fine.

Do it again.... The only thing better than the sound of the fuel pump coming to life is those 8 cylinders turning over and roaring to life.

Enjoy the new toy. Yahoo.gif