Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dimming Maliview for night driving?

Aquajung

As much as i love the functionality of the Maliview, i wish there was a way to turn it off for night driving. i freuently take the boat out after work, ski till sunset, then cruise back in the dark. The glow from the Maliview doesn't allow my eyes to adjust to the darkness ahead. i know there's a 'Night' button to dim it a bit, but it's so subtle that it doesn't help. i need a way to totally turn off the backlighting. My Yukon has a dimming switch to control the backlight of the touch screen that works great. it makes it perfectly visible in direct sunlight as well as night driving. How can i get this for my Maliview?

My only make-shift solution is to cover it up. i've done this with a tshirt or towel in the past. i may create a more elegant but simple solution that covers only the Maliview. Perhaps attaches with velcro. OK...maybe not so elegant, but functional.

Anyone else struggling with this? Did I miss the section in the manual that describes how to dim this?

Mine has a slide % bar.....

I had the same problem... So bright it'd blind you while driving. I used to throw a towel in front of it...

I think you can dim it down to 5% or so.... Becomes perfect for night driving.

Thanks guys, I was wondering the same thing about the dimming on the Maliview. I just adjusted it to 5% and it's perfect, but what about the stereo and control panel? That didn't go to 5%, it stayed the same.

I dimmed mine all the way down, because it was bothering my eyes at night. When I adjusted the slider down it dimmed the rest of the interior lights as well. I wish that I could dim the MTC along with the dash lights, without affecting the interior lights.

My buddy is able to dim his Maliview this way on his 2011 but on my 2012 the dim did nothing to my Maliview. Is there an issue with this function on all 2012's?

My buddy is able to dim his Maliview this way on his 2011 but on my 2012 the dim did nothing to my Maliview. Is there an issue with this function on all 2012's?

The dim works for my Maliview and MTC on my 2012 Rob. Weird!

OK I have an update:

100% the MTC controls everything on the dash.... set it down to 5%. Controls MTC, Malivue and the guages/dash buttons.

It will NOT control the lighting of the Fosgate dash remote, its still too bright IMO..... you can dim that by pressing and holding the MENU key on the Fogate dash remote.