Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu must be listening

bamabonners

Well, not about the poor website, but about some other issues with the boats. For example:

seat position: I have noticed that the seat in the 2012 seat sits higher than the seat in the 2011.

cover: This boat was already ordered with commercial sewing cover. My first thought was, oh crap I hate those. They have been slightly improved (not anywhere near a good custom cover, but better). The nose of the cover has been reinforced. The cover now wraps around and THROUGH the tower legs much like the Great Lakes cover.

Seadek: The new seadek is different than previous. It isn't as spongy - I am thinking that it is to keep the seadek from expanding and shrinking and peeling up. Dealer said that they aren't seeing issues with bubbling up as well.

Trailers: The steps available are great.

colors: rumor of a new metallic color coming out.

20 foot MXZ!

Plug and play options (which, I don't have)

Mobile device gateway (still trying to find out if this can be fitted on earlier models)

If malibu is listening then maybe........

I wish malibu would give people a free boat after their second malibu purchase.

Malibu should lower the price of their boats so I can buy a bigger one with more options

Why doesn't malibu have a college fund kids of malibu owners.

Hey malibu, dealers should take trades at the original purchase price so that dealers owe us money when we trade in our boats

I really hope they are listening.

• Like 1

As in what? colors?

not to worried about colors. More like different sizes for sun coverage, cargo options like pockets, straps, gear, easy access zipper to nav light/tow point, I may be living in the past and they already do this, haven't talked to a dealer about bimini options and sill have an 08 illusion tower bimini, but I didn't see info like this on the website.

I agree. It would be a step in the right direction.

This is one of the reasons I did not purchase the VTX. We would lose floor space because we usually carry a wheeled cooler because I hate the bag cooler.

Augie, yes there is a new bimini option. It just slides forward and opens back - Stupid easy and is only like $100 more than the current bimini. Also, z5 cargo is available as well, but too expensive IMO>

not to worried about colors. More like different sizes for sun coverage, cargo options like pockets, straps, gear, easy access zipper to nav light/tow point, I may be living in the past and they already do this, haven't talked to a dealer about bimini options and sill have an 08 illusion tower bimini, but I didn't see info like this on the website.

Everything but pockets and straps is available including diff sizes, acces zippers etc. Prob not on malibu site because malibu doesn't make their own canvas anything (covers, biminis, etc.) though they do source it. Ask your dealer.

Augie, yes there is a new bimini option. It just slides forward and opens back - Stupid easy and is only like $100 more than the current bimini. Also, z5 cargo is available as well, but too expensive IMO>

Bama, Can you provide more detail or pictures of the new bimini option? I can ask my dealer about it next week but a preview for the benefit of the crew would be great. I'm ordering a new 23 LSV soon and would gladly pay an extra $100 for a bimini that is easier to deploy and store.

Your dealer should be able to show you the short video from the dealer website. Basically it mounts to the outside of the tower and stows forward just like the current. When you are ready to use it, you pull and slide the back half out forward and fold it back into place and put the pins in. There is no messing with the bars on the front anymore. I believe it is made by great lakes and runs around 1300 where the other one runs around 1100, if I remember correctly. I would think it would fit all G3 towers and could be used on previous models as well. Just guessing...

Your dealer should be able to show you the short video from the dealer website. Basically it mounts to the outside of the tower and stows forward just like the current. When you are ready to use it, you pull and slide the back half out forward and fold it back into place and put the pins in. There is no messing with the bars on the front anymore. I believe it is made by great lakes and runs around 1300 where the other one runs around 1100, if I remember correctly. I would think it would fit all G3 towers and could be used on previous models as well. Just guessing...

Was at the dealer today to drop off the bu to have warranty work done and did not see this...

...I believe it is made by great lakes and runs around 1300 where the other one runs around 1100, if I remember correctly. I would think it would fit all G3 towers and could be used on previous models as well. Just guessing...

I believe you are referring to a bimini made by commercial sewing. It would only fit 2013 G3 towers, as they have new tapped holes to accept the bracket. I'm still a fan of the Great Lakes bimini in Sunbrella.

Peter

Once you drill out the pins on a 2011 vlx bimini its really not bad putting up and retracting down. It was a knuckle breaker trying to get the set pins in before I drilled out the bracket.

Imo, the G3 bimini has awesome coverage for the lounge area.