Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

We Have Three Bu's Coming In Tomorrow!

GullLakeMarine

Don't like white trailer on the vlx. Love the 30 anniversary lsv. Notice that the cushions are different on it than the other lsv. I heard that you get a string of pearls with the 30 anniversary boats as a gift.

If you are from the southwest Michigan area make sure not to miss our owners get together in may. These boats may or may not still be available but gull lake marine will make sure you get to experience these boats and surf gate!

Don't like white trailer on the vlx. Love the 30 anniversary lsv. Notice that the cushions are different on it than the other lsv. I heard that you get a string of pearls with the 30 anniversary boats as a gift.

I may or may not have heard a rumor about a Malibu gift package with the purchase of a 30th anniversary boat.

Thanks everybody. I'm down at the Malibu dealer meeting in Atlanta right now and their saying 94% of Wakesetters being produced have Surfgate on them. It's certainly giong to be a no-brainer option similar to the power wedge.

You'd be crazy to order a '13 without surfgate. It would kill resale value as everyone will be looking for it.

We took a 24MXZ out with the LS3 Monsoon 450 engine and high altitude prop. We loaded up all the ballast including two 550 plug'n'play bags deployed the wedge and brought it up to wakeboard speed. The wave was huge and even. I still cant get over how fantastic this boat handles. Very minimal bow rise, and just as responsive as a VTX

We have three new Malibu's coming in tomorrow around 2:00.

VTX w/ Diamond Hull (Our first one)

VLX w/ a really sick color scheme

23 LSV 30th Anniversary

I already have a demo lined up on the VTX. The customer wants to see if the VTX can pull him barefooting at 45MPH.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

I can hit 42 mph with my high altitude prop so likely with a different prop you could hit 45mph.

We took a 24MXZ out with the LS3 Monsoon 450 engine and high altitude prop. We loaded up all the ballast including two 550 plug'n'play bags deployed the wedge and brought it up to wakeboard speed. The wave was huge and even. I still cant get over how fantastic this boat handles. Very minimal bow rise, and just as responsive as a VTX

Somebody needs to fill both rear lockers with 1100s and see what that puppy can do. I'm still waiting for someone with a 24MXZ to tell me they have that much weight in it (it's what I run in the 23LSV now and the wake is hard to beat).

We did some barefoot runs with my VLX 350 Monsoon with high altitude prop. It runs about 43 mph without skier. Never tested how fast it would be towing a barefooter. We just made some short runs for fun at about 40 mph because I really dont like revving the engine that high for a long time.

Somebody needs to fill both rear lockers with 1100s and see what that puppy can do. I'm still waiting for someone with a 24MXZ to tell me they have that much weight in it (it's what I run in the 23LSV now and the wake is hard to beat).

Is that what you run for wake boarding or surfing? wouldn't you need some bow weight with all that weight in the back if it is for wake boarding.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

We did some barefoot runs with my VLX 350 Monsoon with high altitude prop. It runs about 43 mph without skier. Never tested how fast it would be towing a barefooter. We just made some short runs for fun at about 40 mph because I really dont like revving the engine that high for a long time.

You can get going that fast? We can only get to 33 or 34, same boat, engine and prop...

Usually we do. Depends on how many people in the boat, how much stuff and how well cleaned the hull is. Those numbers are not verified as we didnt test this with gps or something. we also dont have zero off, so those nubers are only coming from the paddle wheel.

Is that what you run for wake boarding or surfing? wouldn't you need some bow weight with all that weight in the back if it is for wake boarding.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

My setup for me when riding is:

2 people in boat (driver and spotter)

Floating wedge deployed

Full MLS except no weight in bow.

Fill up 1100's in the back as much as they can actually fill (they never really fully fill)

1235 acme prop

I get on plane just fine, and honestly it is only with *heavily* rear biased weight that i get the wake shape that I like. I prefer a very lippy wake and every time any more weight gets put in the front it just mellows the wake a lot. I don't know if I'm crazy or what but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that runs such a heavily rear biased weighted boat...

Edited by wakeboarder3780

My setup for me when riding is:

2 people in boat (driver and spotter)

Floating wedge deployed

Full MLS except no weight in bow.

Fill up 1100's in the back as much as they can actually fill (they never really fully fill)

1235 acme prop

I get on plane just fine, and honestly it is only with *heavily* rear biased weight that i get the wake shape that I like. I prefer a very lippy wake and every time any more weight gets put in the front it just mellows the wake a lot. I don't know if I'm crazy or what but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that runs such a heavily rear biased weighted boat...

My 247 wake would be crap if I did that. Different boats, but they really do seem to have a very similar wakeboarding wake. I would suspect that you need to go a bit faster to stop the wake from rolling over with that much rear weight? What speed do you run?