Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Color on deck base

kennyo

I have had two other colors than white. Black and Metallic Orange. The black was brutal for heat and scratches. The orange was fine for both actually. Remember that I live in Alberta and if the black is hot up here it has to be like being branded in Florida.

I've got white on my deck now and I wouldn't want white on another one as the white doesn't wear well (thin gel spots where black specks show through) or look good without the carpet in (shows all dirt easily). I love both of the Malibu oranges and the vapor blue and think both would show and stand up well compared to white. Got a friend with an ebony topped 247 and you can feel the heat coming off it from 10 feet away when its sunny.

Hey crew.

Anyone out there that added color for their deck base instead of just white that regretted it? Scratching and scuffing and stuff like that?

Ken

I ordered my new 23 LSV with a yellow deck base. Malibu charges about $600 for this option but it looks great and I have not had issues with scratching or scuffing. I also ordered the deck floor in yellow.