Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ever wonder what happened to a boat you sold years ago?

EchelonMike

Here's where my 1996 Sanger ended up, I would love for those people to let me know how it's doing, and then invite me to there lake house...LOL n1177805190_30245852_459942.jpg

How much did you sell the Sanger for? I'm selling a 1997 in the spring. What lake is that?

Edited by skurfer
  • 1 year later...

I think there was no fault of the real estate guy. You know at one stage of his life he was having enough money to buya boat. As you said he is not in a position to maintain the boat. The reason behind this situation of real estate agent is due to the rise and fall in the real estate market. There was a time the cash inflow was high in real estate market, but now no wants to be a real estate agent, due to all the hidden risk involved in it. To read more about present scenario of real estate click here.

Still see 2 of my old MC's from time to time passing on the road. Never have seen them on the water. Had a Centurion sold it and never have seen it again, not that I care to. My 3 VLX's are all still in Oregon and all crew members so get to see them on here.

Sold my all black TT PS 197 to a young guy who has a holiday house on the river a few years ago. Would see it tied up occasionally but a couple of weeks ago I was jogging along the river at first light. I heard a beautiful familiar noise over my right shoulder and there she was, navigation lights ablaze and the familiar trail of two barefooters in tow cutting up the morning butter. It was a sentimental moment but I was pleased she was running as strong as ever and someone else was enjoying her as much as we had.

I think there was no fault of the real estate guy. You know at one stage of his life he was having enough money to buya boat. As you said he is not in a position to maintain the boat. The reason behind this situation of real estate agent is due to the rise and fall in the real estate market. There was a time the cash inflow was high in real estate market, but now no wants to be a real estate agent, due to all the hidden risk involved in it. To read more about present scenario of real estate click here.

You do realize that you are responding to several posts that are two years old right?

Sold my 2010 A22 to a friend and he lives about 45mins away. He uses it on occasion, but does not use it as much as I did.

Sold My 2012 F21 MB to a guy at the same lake as my first boat and could care less about seeing it. I loved that boat and when I sold it I let him use a couple of my life vest to get started over the weekend. When I saw him 2 weeks later to pick up my vest the boat was trashed inside and out. I WAS SICK TO MY STOMACH!!! No structural damage, but he had been out at the lake the whole time with no cover?????? Oh not to mention he had already rolled the prop up from hitting something.

Although that particular lake and the 4th of July Holiday seems to be my friend when I get ready to sell a boat. ;)

Sold my all black TT PS 197 to a young guy who has a holiday house on the river a few years ago. Would see it tied up occasionally but a couple of weeks ago I was jogging along the river at first light. I heard a beautiful familiar noise over my right shoulder and there she was, navigation lights ablaze and the familiar trail of two barefooters in tow cutting up the morning butter. It was a sentimental moment but I was pleased she was running as strong as ever and someone else was enjoying her as much as we had.

That is so cool.

That is so cool.

Thanks I thought so too. Wish I had a camera to capture the moment but who carries a camera when jogging? Part 2 to the story was I ran back to the camp, hopped in the barefooter and chased them back up the river. I was a little way behind so when I got to the ramp near their place all that was left was the familiar wet trail going up the ramp where they had just been. It was a shame I didn't catch them but they were probably off to work and managed to squeeze in a quick foot. Good lads I thought, must be dihrdskir's just like me...

I sold an old 97 Supreme to Guy Fieri about 3-4years ago. Then my 2004 LSV to Brian Fuentes (ex MLB Pitcher) last year. Not sure why they bought used boats, but nonetheless both true stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk