Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LENGTH OF A VLX ON THE TRAILER

NH_WAKE

Keep this in mind, when the tower is collapsed it will barely fit in an 8' garage door opening with out lowering the tongue as low as possible, at least on an Extreme trailer that holds true. A lot of garage doors are only 7' tall! Mad.gif

Are you sure that yours is 8' & not 7.5'? Ours is 8' on the button & it fits with ease on an Extreme trailer without the lowrider option. We can even put the tower back up once it's in, making it easier to move around & lounge in. :)

The new VLX, with the power wedge, is 22ft 4", from the bow to the edge of the power wedge,without the platform. I have to have a custom trailer made, with the winch mounted on the removable part of the trailer, so that the bow of the boat is the only thing sticking out.

You sure about that? I have an extreme trailer. With the tongue folded, the bow is forward of any part of the trailer (except the crank handle if it is all the way forward, but you can just loosen that a quarter turn).

The new VLX, with the power wedge, is 22ft 4", from the bow to the edge of the power wedge,without the platform. I have to have a custom trailer made, with the winch mounted on the removable part of the trailer, so that the bow of the boat is the only thing sticking out.

You sure about that? I have an extreme trailer. With the tongue folded, the bow is forward of any part of the trailer (except the crank handle if it is all the way forward, but you can just loosen that a quarter turn).

Ours is that way too - the point of the bow & leading edge of the trailer are equal when the tongue is folded.

Yes , I am sure. I do not use extreme.

Are you sure that yours is 8' & not 7.5'? Ours is 8' on the button & it fits with ease on an Extreme trailer without the lowrider option. We can even put the tower back up once it's in, making it easier to move around & lounge in. :)

Well I only pulled a really quick measurement at the dealer so your probably right. Just wanted to throw the height out there so he would keep it in mind when he's shopping for a garage, I mean house. Biggrin.gif

Well I only pulled a really quick measurement at the dealer so your probably right. Just wanted to throw the height out there so he would keep it in mind when he's shopping for a garage, I mean house. Biggrin.gif

:lol:

So if I am floowing this correctly..a vlx on a trailer with a power wedge and fiberglass platform with the triler tongue folded in.....totals at 24' 10"...so in a 26' garage I am all set...and as long as the door is 8' tall, i can drop the illusion x and get her in there...does that all sound right?

So if I am floowing this correctly..a vlx on a trailer with a power wedge and fiberglass platform with the triler tongue folded in.....totals at 24' 10"...so in a 26' garage I am all set...and as long as the door is 8' tall, i can drop the illusion x and get her in there...does that all sound right?

Take a tape measure with you before you plunk down your $$$ on the house - the garage depth with the door closed will likely be 25'4" - 25'6". If this is the case you should be good to go.

i have an 05 vlx. my garage is EXACTLY 24 feet from door to drywall. have to take off platform when placing in garage. the finished opening of the door is 8 feet tall. have to lower tower to place in garage. the door width is 10 feet finished. most homes with a 3 car garage will only have an 8 foot opening. the trailer will not fit. also remember that the guide posts on the trailer stick out also. i beleive this is the widest point of the trailer. also you need finished opening sizes not rough framing size.

I guess the best thing for me to do like everyone said is to bring a tape measure.....I will close the garage door, and measure inside length/width. So what you are saying is that I need to measure the height of the garage door, on the inside of the garage? Will this give me the finished final measurement? I will have the house before the boat, so we do not wanna buy a house and then we bring the boat home, and find that we are like a few inches too small!!

Since the question was raised: Yes the wedge can be lowered with just the ignition on. However as an sequrity feature It cannot be raised if the boat is "not moving". I had to spin the paddle wheel manually to raise the wedge.

I guess the best thing for me to do like everyone said is to bring a tape measure.....I will close the garage door, and measure inside length/width. So what you are saying is that I need to measure the height of the garage door, on the inside of the garage? Will this give me the finished final measurement? I will have the house before the boat, so we do not wanna buy a house and then we bring the boat home, and find that we are like a few inches too small!!

take a tape for sure! since i just got mine home, here's what i have...garage depth is 28' and i just measured that i have 4' to spare with platform on (teak) and tongue away, so 24' is inches away from each end touching a door or wall- so try and get more than 24', 25' would be best at min.

You need a min. 10' wide door, if its just a double no problem, and a min. 8' tall door (this per others). I have an 11' tall door so my tower stays up.

Are yall from there moving home or from fla. moving N?

We are moving from Florida to New Hampshire. I am originally from New England (not NH though.) W e already have a vacation cabin in NH, but are going to relocate to a more central part of the state.