Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 vs 08 VTX Diamond Hull

AF440

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at getting an 07 VTX with a Diamond hull and was wondering if there are any differences between the 07 and the 08?

Called the factory in TN and confirmed with the Hull ID that it's a Diamond Hull but it doesn't appear (via pictures) to have the aggressive reverse chines like the pics on other threads show. I've researched nearly every thread I can find on here, but can't tell if there was a hull diff on the VTX Diamonds between 07 and 08.

I also see on USAWaterski that the 08 was "certified" (for class C I'm sure) but the 07 wasn't. Is this because of a hull diff? On the other hand, I also noticed the same thing about the Nautique SV211 where its cert started in 05 but the boat came out in 04 with the same hull.

Will try calling the factory tomorrow but just wondering if anyone knew. Diamond hull is make or break for me, but with that said I like this boat I found and it's a good deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I personally would rather have the 07 with rocker switches, not $265 to replace... lol

There are no differences to the hull that I am aware of from 07 to 08.

I thought it had something to do with the pylon not being in the center that it was not certified for all three classes..... but that changed this year with the center pylon option.

No. Also the reverse chines are not really agressive, they are just there, and you have to have a low angle shot to really see them. The wake hull has none, so even a little glimpse in a picture and it is a diamond hull.

It wasn't certified until the 08 model year

08's had the make it right program, definitely involved the MUX switches, bow light, and I think the black box. You should make sure the S/N on the 08 shows it was upgraded. You never know if they missed one or two.

BTW, the wake hull ski's really nice at 34/35/36 where I skied it at. I would not let wake vs. diamond be a deal breaker if you looking for a crossover to ski, board, foil, and surf.

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at getting an 07 VTX with a Diamond hull and was wondering if there are any differences between the 07 and the 08?

Called the factory in TN and confirmed with the Hull ID that it's a Diamond Hull but it doesn't appear (via pictures) to have the aggressive reverse chines like the pics on other threads show. I've researched nearly every thread I can find on here, but can't tell if there was a hull diff on the VTX Diamonds between 07 and 08.

I also see on USAWaterski that the 08 was "certified" (for class C I'm sure) but the 07 wasn't. Is this because of a hull diff? On the other hand, I also noticed the same thing about the Nautique SV211 where its cert started in 05 but the boat came out in 04 with the same hull.

Will try calling the factory tomorrow but just wondering if anyone knew. Diamond hull is make or break for me, but with that said I like this boat I found and it's a good deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!