Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

CL find

Debt Setter

No phone number...im always skeptical of an ad without a number...

There are respectable people on this board who never put their phone numbers in the ads...But I am totally with you on this.

I was looking for an item just a couple days ago, sent an email, still haven't heard back. No phone number means to me that they are not really wanting to sell, or they are scammers.

If you post your phone number or contact information in CraigsList you open the flood gates to the wrong element. Get the contact information by replying to the ad is always the best approach, it protects the sellers privacy. If you post your phone number in a craigs list ad expect a couple hundred odd balls or more will call your house at 3am wanting to know if you want to trade a Pugo plus cash for the boat, or would you like to buy something, or you just won the Irish lottery- just give me your SSN and we will send you the money.

NEVER publish your contact information on free sites is a good rule of thumb.

Use your email as a screener..ANd never let them know where you live...meet them at a grocery store or Home Depot parking lot, and bring a friend...ya never know. there are lots of bad people out there.....better safe than sorry.

I dont put numbers on my ads either. But the ads that i post dont seen "too good to be true" and i respond to emails within minutes. So if it seems too good to be true and theres no number I'll send an email and if no response within a day or so i stay away generally.

I have a Google Voice number that I only use for public listings like CL, AutoTrader, etc. I have it setup to have all calls go to voicemail, but my greeting is me, not some computer voice. This way, the buyer has some comfort that it is a real listing, but I don't get all of the crap calls. GV transcribes the voicemail and sends it to me in an e-mail. If I have a big item listed, I may have GV ring my cell phone, but only during hours when I don't mind getting calls (9am - 9pm).

I e-mailed them before I realized it was a DD... Dang

Alright...stupid question but im tired of guessing. Lol coming from my off road forums "DD" generally means Daily Driver. What are you guys referring to when you use DD in regards to a boat? Ha ha.

Alright...stupid question but im tired of guessing. Lol coming from my off road forums "DD" generally means Daily Driver. What are you guys referring to when you use DD in regards to a boat? Ha ha.

Direct Drive. aka not a V-Drive

• 2 years later...