Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 VTX at dealers now - don't know about this new interior

bamabonners

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-Malibu-Wakesetter-Vtx-101844006

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2013-Malibu-Vtx-Wakesetter-101857134

So, we are specifically looking at a 20 foot boat to replace the VLX. The VTX is/was tops on my list. HOWEVER, I gotta tell you, I am looking at this new interior in these photos and thinking that it looks ugly. They have chrome and some kind of play-do looking trim going on that doesn't match each other, the glovebox door is out of proportion, the steering wheel is ugly like it came off a child's toy, and what is up with that throttle. I am going to wait and reserve final judgement for when I see one at the factory when I go in November, but initial pictures don't look good to me. This disturbs me because we are in the market for a 20 foot boat.

The biggest disappointment of the 2013 VTX interior is the removal of the analogue gauges - at least it prevented me looking seriously at upgrading from the 2012 (even without the surf gate) :)

Dash and box are fugly for sure in the pics. You definitely need to see in person to get the correct perspective on the dash and glovebox, but that wheel :vomit: .

• Like 2

Is it just me, or does the Maliview always sit 1/2 of the way up the windshield? It looks to me like looking through the glass is not even going to be an option for you short guys. The dash is a big turn off, IMHO. They then raised the glovebox with that frankenstein door to make them equal height, it appears.

I don't have experience with the Rockford HU they have there, but did I hear that it is not very popular?

Edited by TallRedRider

I'm getting to where I don't like the dash as well. If they are going to have all those screens on the dash, I think they should all look alike instead of a Hodge Podge of different screen parts. Doesn't look planned out at all. Almost like they just are updates on the hardware and not made for the application. I don't know of any vehicles of any type that have such a pieced together dash.

• Like 2

As a 2013 owner I can tell you mjne doesn't impede vision at all. We've run it in the course several times. The dash is different than 2012. Does that take some getting used to sure but I like it.

Personally I like it. The blue underneath the carpet is a nice touch however w/o the carpet down that blue would make anyone sick.. If they put the blue on the edges around the floor and left a larger portion white I wouldn't have my carpet down at all.

The steering wheel is the ugliest POS I've ever seen!

My first reaction was "isn't that the steering wheel from the S.S. Minnow?"

My second thought was "only thing missing is a suicide knob."

:vomit:

Personally I like it. The blue underneath the carpet is a nice touch however w/o the carpet down that blue would make anyone sick.. If they put the blue on the edges around the floor and left a larger portion white I wouldn't have my carpet down at all.

Floor color is one tone, but its up to the orderer what color it is.

Don't judge it till you try it. :)

Don't judge it till I try it? Geez Peter, it's just a steering wheel. It's round. Roll it one way, the boat turns that way. Roll it the other way, the boat turns that way. What's to try? :biggrin:

I still don't like it. The Isotta's from 2004-? were bad*ss. That one is just fugly...

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier

Good point Jerry. Don't test your next car purchase either. ;)

If it's "just a wheel", I guess it really doesn't matter. ha. That arguement can be fought on both sides. Just like no one liked the Illusion towers. Then no one liked the G3 towers. Now a few don't like the wheel or the interior or the..... So, yea, I say don't judge it till you try it. When you have had a first person experience on how a product is, then one can judge it.

Good point Jerry. Don't test your next car purchase either. ;)

If it's "just a wheel", I guess it really doesn't matter. ha. That arguement can be fought on both sides. Just like no one liked the Illusion towers. Then no one liked the G3 towers. Now a few don't like the wheel or the interior or the..... So, yea, I say don't judge it till you try it. When you have had a first person experience on how a product is, then one can judge it.

While I can agree that you need to try it... looks do have a lot to do with selection. I have narrowed down my next vehicle purchase to a few SUV's based on looks. Next I will test drive.

The new dash, as others have stated, is fugly. Going one more step, it looks cheap and not well thought out.

Sure glad I bought the 2012 before the change.

To each his own. I'll stand with Peter on this, until you've seen it, with teh same shifter boats over 100k are using, more durable metal finishes, and simply the removal of analogs, its actually pretty attractive, and for a course driver, the "room" on the side of the malivue helps course alignment tremendously.