Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hurricane Sandy is coming

foiler1

Pete tell the family to duck it is not going to be pretty. I just checked the weather for tomorrows flight, there is snow in the forcast for Charlotte on tuesday (wont be below freezing) Beakly WV has snow and blowing snow in the forcast for two days three nights with low temps and then there is the New Englend states with the Sandy bearing down on them. this will not be good, hopefully the cold wont come intoo quick for the NE and allow the precipitation to end before falling below freezing.

Thanks Rew,

Just got off the phone with my sister who is a cop and husband who is a fire fighter. They seemed pretty chill about it. But, she seemed not to know too much about it either. They've both been real busy just putting our mom in a skilled nursing home yesterday.

I bet they're gonna get real busy at work this week.

• Like 1

the cone is 1700 miles wide. That is a record for the atlantic and we have a high tide. 12' rollers coming in. Wish i could hit that on a hydrofoil.

Edited by foiler1

I'm up in New Hampshire, and they are making a big deal out of this storm. I really think its not going ot be as bad as they say it is, if its anything like Irene was last year, took the jet ski out on the white caps on the lake!

Mass here. People are going crazy. News stations are making a huge deal of it. Variable message signs on the roads/highways are all warning of the storm, state of emergency...etc. Schools and businesses are already closing monday and tuesday like there is a massive blizzard.

Pantry is stocked, got enough wood to heat the house for two winters, generator is tuned up and I've got 56 gallons of fuel on tap in the VTX.

Its gonna be a good ride! Or the thing is gonna hook hard east and miss everyone.

Edited by chadwick02

Jersey coast here. We're going to take the direct hit when it comes a shore, but it should peter out quickly. since temperatures are too low and ocean is below normal temperature. Media is making a big deal out of it. Generators, boat batteries, inverters, pumps and ice can not be found. Schools and even the mall will be closed Monday and Tuesday. Years ago we looked forward to the good surfing. Now they arrest you if you are any where near the coast.

I was in San Jose, I guess I have to give some credit to NH because had I never come here, I never would have learned to waterski, the closest water to San Jose is either the ocean or Tahoe. Both of which are like a two hour drive from there!

West New Jersey here. Every municipality is closed and a lot of stores are closed but the gas stations weren't that crowded. I do pass about 7 on my way to work though. I get both ny and philadelphia stations where I live and both are really hyping it up.

20 to 25 foot waves are expected on Lake Michigan, in the south east corner. I might drive south just to see that. Guys were surfing at the Grand Haven beach a couple of weeks ago on 10 to 15 footers.

Drove past several gas stations near I-95 along the coast that had signs saying they were out of low grades of fuel and were selling 93 octane for the price of regular!

Jersey coast here. We're going to take the direct hit when it comes a shore, but it should peter out quickly. since temperatures are too low and ocean is below normal temperature. Media is making a big deal out of it. Generators, boat batteries, inverters, pumps and ice can not be found. Schools and even the mall will be closed Monday and Tuesday. Years ago we looked forward to the good surfing. Now they arrest you if you are any where near the coast.

I dont think it is going away as soon as youthink The aviation charts are showing the low in SW PA 48 hours from now still bringing rain to PA, NJ, MD, VA WVA and southern NY. Flooding will be the largest issus with the amount of rain that is coming. The strom is only moving 7or 8 mph. '

I dont think it is going away as soon as youthink The aviation charts are showing the low in SW PA 48 hours from now still bringing rain to PA, NJ, MD, VA WVA and southern NY. Flooding will be the largest issus with the amount of rain that is coming. The strom is only moving 7or 8 mph. '

Yes its supposed to sit over land for awhile before it moves on...