Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trying to figure hours into selling price

shagens

Would you consider 800 hours a lot on a 2000 from the northern half of the country? How much should that effect what I should pay for this boat vs. the same boat with 500 or 300 hours? When should I expect to have to put serious money into the motor? Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

What does that work out to, roughly 65 hours or so a season? That boat wasn't even used. As far as engine work, will depend on how well they took care of the boat. Ask for service records, pay the fee to have someone give it a once over. As for the other boats, I've seen boats with more hours look better than the boat with less hours. Market will also play a roll in the price. Sorry, I can't give a straight number, but there are a lot of variables.

Wakeborder is right, it's all about condition. But, no doubt the number of hours factors into perception, both on the buyer side and the seller side. A boat with high hours will generally sell for less than a boat with low hours.

But as wakeboarder said, if you're the buyer, spend the time to get the condition of the boat properly assessed and use that to base your buy (or not) decision on. As far as negotiating a good price for yourself, you can certainly use the 800 hours as a little bit of downward pressure on price (best done diplomatically....).