Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is the warranty on upholstery discoloration?

Wakesetter67

I bought a 2010 VLX Late Aug 2010 and this past summer I noticed the Dark grey panels in the front that the speakers are mounted have started to get a brown rust color, I have always used 303 vinyl conditioner and i have the same dark grey throughout the boat including the sun deck, Which in my opinion get a lot more ex-stream sun then the 2 front panels.i never put the Black cover on it during the hot days only at night if we are camping and it's always stored indoors ever since i have owned it, anyone have this problem and is it still covered under the warranty??

67- several folks have came on here with reports of good success in them replaced under warranty if they fell into the really bad/ severely discolored/permament category.

One thing I saw this last weekend...is its not just Malibus that do this, also definitely on Mastercrafts. Black covers should be outlawed...lighter colors even if boat cover stains from trees or whatever are an issue.

In the interim, going into next summer...I put 2 nerf footballs on the back corners of the sunpads before I pull the cover down and cinch it tight...it"ll keep the cover 3-4" or so off the vinyl, hopefully keep it from happening on mine.

Edited by nyryan2001

67- several folks have came on here with reports of good success in them replaced under warranty if they fell into the really bad/ severely discolored/permament category.

One thing I saw this last weekend...is its not just Malibus that do this, also definitely on Mastercrafts. Black covers should be outlawed...lighter colors even if boat cover stains from trees or whatever are an issue.

In the interim, going into next summer...I put 2 nerf footballs on the back corners of the sunpads before I pull the cover down and cinch it tight...it"ll keep the cover 3-4" or so off the vinyl, hopefully keep it from happening on mine.

I heard about the black covers, I rarely use mine except for storage in doors and or over night on a lake but always removed it before it got really hot, I will try to prop it up like you said, Thanks for the info!! I will call the dealer and see what they say.

Remember Vince! - You catch more fly's honey that vinegar!

btw- have you had the WOW yet? what did folks think of the Boat Candy? Maybe next year you can get them to send one of the Boat Candy Models Out ;)