Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mxz struggling to get out of hole

Jade1989

My mxz has the 410, optional bow tank and the wake prop that comes from malibu. With tanks full and 6 ppl in boat takes ages to get on plane. Anyone else having same problem? Do I need to upgrade prop? What sort of weight and wedge are other ppl riding with?

Make sure the "Auto wedge" is activated in your power wedge settings. My 2012 came with that feature disabled, and it makes a big difference with how the boat gets on plane. If that doesn't do it then you need to look at a better prop. You can find the part number on the prop itself near the lock nut. You probably have the 1939. If you are running full ballast + wedge + 6 people and want it to plane out faster you may want something like the 1273 or 1235. There are some newer 15" diameter props to look at as well.

Jade- you should have plenty of power there do do anything you want with the 6.0 motor.

What elevation are you at? What prop do you have on it?

Like Brett said, ensure you use the AutoWedge feature enabled in your Malivue, it does make quite a difference in jumping heavy loads up on plane from a dead start.

If the wake prop is the same as the high-altitude, he may already be running the 1235. I agree with the auto wedge feature needing to be enabled. Both my 2009 and 2011 came with that feature turned off

Jade, I can tell you with the 1235 you will have no problem with a full boat and stock ballast. If you add more ballast on stock you will need to consider another prop. Like those suggest above, be sure your auto wedge is enabled.

Night and day difference between 1939 and 1235. Even with the Monsoon 350 I can load my vlx up and still plain out well.

Be prepared, your top speed will be cut down quite a bit. You can cruise at about 30mph and not pull too many rpm's.

Edited by Fman

Night and day difference between 1939 and 1235. Even with the Monsoon 350 I can load my vlx up and still plain out well.

Be prepared, your top speed will be cut down quite a bit. You can cruise at about 30mph and not pull too many rpm's.

Agree, with my MXZ 350 and my 1235 it takes me just a few seconds to get out of the hole at 3000 ft. ele with full ballast, extra 500 pounds per locker and 10-12 people. This post had me scratching my head.

check your auto pull up. was having the same problem with mine and the auto pull up was at pull up level 2 and my dealer said that they shouldnt have anything under auto pull up 8. im not real sure how you check it. pretty sure you just push gauges twice and their should be a graph that comes up.

If he doesn't have Maliview then I don't think he can have the autowedge feature. I believe that Maliview didn't become standard until 2012, but the EU boats may be different.

Jade be sure and consider the 1273 as well as the 1235 prop if you don't plan to run lots of ballast. They are nearly identical but the 1273 has a .150" cup which helps with the top end. On my boat they seem to have nearly identical hole-shot but the 1273 is better on the top end, rpm ranges are below (from memory). I keep the 1235 on it though for those times when I do load up the ballast.

1235:

22mph: ~3000RPM (wakeboarding)

40mph: ~5400RPM (top speed)

1273:

22mph: ~2800RPM (wakeboarding)

42mph: ~5200RPM (top speed)

I'm pretty sure Auto Wedge was introduced in 2008 one year before Maliview. If you don't have Maliview, see your owners manual and it tells how to activate it in the LCD setup screen.

Thanks!!!

I have the same boat and same engine 1235 prop should be standard on the boat. Night and day difference

On 2011s the 1939 was standard, 1235 was an upgrade... only about $105 difference. Maybe on 2012 they changed this?

We recently demoed an MXZ with the same setup, Though we were running 400 PNP bags too, but with the 1235 and it was a pig getting out of the hole. Mind you we are at 5280 elevation. My thoughts are the MXZ needs a 15" prop and much more bow weight. We only had 4 people in the boat on top of our weight. I noticed it struggled both in wakeboarding and surfing. I also found the surf wave lacked push with this setup and surfgate, thought that the wakeboard wake was one of the best I've ridden....once it got on plane, which took forever. My VTX with 1000 more pounds and the 340 monsoon, plus the 1235, gets on plane easier than this MXZ did.

We recently demoed an MXZ with the same setup, Though we were running 400 PNP bags too, but with the 1235 and it was a pig getting out of the hole. Mind you we are at 5280 elevation. My thoughts are the MXZ needs a 15" prop and much more bow weight. We only had 4 people in the boat on top of our weight. I noticed it struggled both in wakeboarding and surfing. I also found the surf wave lacked push with this setup and surfgate, thought that the wakeboard wake was one of the best I've ridden....once it got on plane, which took forever. My VTX with 1000 more pounds and the 340 monsoon, plus the 1235, gets on plane easier than this MXZ did.

I really dont understand this eitherr, we used to surf and wakeboard Redfish lake at 6600` with our 2007 Supreme and had 2500 lbs of ballast, 10 adults and a 340 Black Scorpion and a high altitude prop and had no problems whatsoever with unholing ourselves. The MXZ beats this boat out of the hole and we run more weight and more people at 6600 with a 350 so ya'll are doing something wrong.