Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chee is the man!

Mjlee1985

I called around to a lot of local shop here in Raleigh,nc to see about 2 new skins for my new to me Malibu and no one really felt like they could replicate it. Two guys told me to call Malibu to see if they had them in stock. So I called and they only keep skins for 7 years...I asked them to recommend someone and they told me my best bet would be to find a local shop....great! So I did some searching on here and found a email address for a guy who used to work for Malibu named Chee. I called a week and a half ago and spoke with him, gave my vin and told him the seats I needed. He told me two weeks but I got home today and they were waiting on the door step. Opened the box and they are truly amazing looking, I know nothing about uphoulsry but you can look at them and tell how great the workmanship is! So thank you bu crew and if anyone needs skins Chee is the man to talk to for the older boats!

• Like 1

Center bow cushion 110 and the large turn cushion that everyone steps on was 135...I think that's pretty fair but I'm not sure no one would give me a quote

I'm guessing you just use the old foam and base? This is a topic that is starting to interest me now that my boat will be in the water all summer. I try to keep it covered but it is used every day it is not raining.

Edited by electricjohn

Yea I am going to use the old foam but I'm ordering a new base. Mine was cracked when I bought the boat and is getting worse and worse. Chee also sells the half inch plastic base, it is pricey though 110 for the back corner. He has the foam also not sure how much that runs....

MJLEE,

Question for you, did you end up installing the skins yourself or bring them to a local shop. I am having Chee make some skins for me and just was curious the difficulty of installing them yourself. I consider myself a DIY'r for the most part.

Thanks

I am having a local guy that was recommended by a friend do it...I think. The only thing I'm worried about is the little strip that hides the staples hideing all the excess vinyl, or not getting the vinyl with the staple..not sure if that makes sense. I am still waiting to get the seat base and just got the boat winterized so when I start messing around with winter project I'll take a better look at it.

I also got Chee's information from this site, I must admit putting a $450 check in the mail along with my vin to some guy I never spoke to was not comfortable. I got them in a week and a half and they look great! Unfortunately my boat is in storage and the snowbird that ownes the garage is headed south for the winter so I can't get to it. It is going to be a long winter.

I am having a local guy that was recommended by a friend do it...I think. The only thing I'm worried about is the little strip that hides the staples hideing all the excess vinyl, or not getting the vinyl with the staple..not sure if that makes sense. I am still waiting to get the seat base and just got the boat winterized so when I start messing around with winter project I'll take a better look at it.

Staple hidem

http://veada.com/marine-vinyl-boat-upholstery/hidem-welt-trim.html

Edited by Bozboat

I also got Chee's information from this site, I must admit putting a $450 check in the mail along with my vin to some guy I never spoke to was not comfortable. I got them in a week and a half and they look great! Unfortunately my boat is in storage and the snowbird that ownes the garage is headed south for the winter so I can't get to it. It is going to be a long winter.

You would of croaked sending and $1800 check.

Scott

He has pay pal...I think thats the safest. Both of the skins I got from Chee came with the hidem staple trim. That's why I'm worried about it, can't see how much vinyl you got for the staple. I haven't looked at it real well though, I might take apart a side of the one I'm replacing and see if I think I an do it(and look "factory")