Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Detail a friend's Bu, what materials should I use?

wakesetter8796

It's pretty bad. Spider webs everywhere. 2010 VTX. The cover was partly off, so pretty wet inside, spider crap inside too. So far I have Collinites insulator, wash and wax( meguiars), 303, Eagle one metal polish.

Anything I'm missing? Need to clean carpets too. It needs to look perfect.

Thanks!

Buy that clear turtle wax stuff (ice maybe) to wipe down the trailer with to make it shine and it's super easy to wipe on and off.

Other than that, can't think of anything else that you haven't listed other than a good buffer and plenty of good rags.

Good call on the carpet cleaner. Do you have a steam cleaner? They work like a champ too. Don't forget glass cleaner. I assume the gel is fine and won;t need rubbed out, but if there are scratches you might need some rubbing compound.

If the boat has a bimini you may want to use a lint roller (adhesive type) on the fabric to get the spider webs. Has always worked great for me.

I might do that or I might wash it off too, since it will be out of the water. I will actually probably drive there, so I can take more stuff. Where can I get a steam cleaner? What do you recommend for taking the spider crap and spots out of the vinyl?