Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Recommendations for a oil drain pump?

I have a quick connect oil drain hose on my 94 Echelon. I need a pump that will attach to it to drain the oil. Any suggestions on an economical pump solution?

I got one of these. The tube fits inside my quick connect drain hose and feeds all the way to the bottom of the block. With a warm engine it took ~10 minutes to drain out ~4 liters.

I also use this for draining my jet ski, snow blower, transmission. Worth the money imo and no mess to clean up.

I was given on of these by a friend and like it b/c is is very stable. I went to homedepot and got a couple fittings for it and now I can thread it to my hose on my hoil drain. Works really well and takes about 2 minutes to drain 5.5 quarts of warm oil.

http://www.liquivac.com/

Do you remember the size of the tread for the fittings? 3/8?

I got one of these. The tube fits inside my quick connect drain hose and feeds all the way to the bottom of the block. With a warm engine it took ~10 minutes to drain out ~4 liters.

I also use this for draining my jet ski, snow blower, transmission. Worth the money imo and no mess to clean up.

I've used this same pump too. The tube fits in the dipstick hole & in the drain tube.

Thanks for the suggestions. I would rather not insert anything in the engine. I want to use the existing drain hose and connect a pump. I am looking for an economical 12v pump that will fit the hose. Thanks again for the suggestions.

You dont have insert anything in anything.

Go get a manual pump, you don't need 12volts for a 6 quart motor. 10 pumps and you will be drained. In the end of the hose of the fluid extrator put a hose bard to male thread adapter. Get a female thread to thread coupler and attach the hose end of the extractor to the fitting end of the hose drain.

No tube's go into the engine of the engine drain hose