Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another scam?

Jimmypooh

Hmm, I never post a phone number when selling something. In this case I see what you mean though.

Scam. Nothing to do with the phone number (I never, EVER, list my phone number). Price and what they are selling is easy enough to tell.

You can always send an e-mail and mess with them.

Just curious, I have listed my number plenty of times and haven't been unlucky enough to get junk calls. Or I put it on there in a way that bots cannot read it, spelling out a few numbers. How often are there really any problems? Or are you also the types that blacks out the license plate numbers too? Maybe after a few horror stories, I might change my practice here.

I am always turned off when I have to email someone on craigslist. I have found that they hardly ever respond in a timely fashion, so the person who I can call has a huge advantage if there is more than one of that particular product out there.

I have a buddy that contacted them on that SAME boat 3 weeks ago, perhaps under a different ad and location. 100% scam.

She wanted an instant $2000-$3000 Paypal Transfer. Story was a woman had just gone thru a divorce, and wanted to get rid of the boat asap.

Just curious, I have listed my number plenty of times and haven't been unlucky enough to get junk calls. Or I put it on there in a way that bots cannot read it, spelling out a few numbers. How often are there really any problems? Or are you also the types that blacks out the license plate numbers too? Maybe after a few horror stories, I might change my practice here.

I am always turned off when I have to email someone on craigslist. I have found that they hardly ever respond in a timely fashion, so the person who I can call has a huge advantage if there is more than one of that particular product out there.

There are way too many stupid people on Craigslist for me to leave my number without them e-mailing me first.. I'd always rather deal with them through e-mail first then decide if they are worth my time.

There are way too many stupid people on Craigslist for me to leave my number without them e-mailing me first.. I'd always rather deal with them through e-mail first then decide if they are worth my time.

Same here.

My latest C.L. post. (I get very creative)

That boat has been on onlyinboards for a while now, and it was listed for mid 20's if I remember correctly. The sticker on the back of the boat gave it away.

They are looking to scam new PayPal users. Selling stuff too cheap and taking deposits. They try and buy stuff with bogus PayPal payments, hoping a new user can't tell a real payment from one they fabricated using PayPal logos and such.

Have fun with them via email but create an email account not tied to any bank accounts, credit cards or any other sensitive accounts.