Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RIP Herb O'Brien

rennis

So sad to hear that Herb passed away today. I didn't know him personally but know quite a few people close to him for a variety of reasons. My thoughts are with his family and loved ones. Sad to see a legend go.

I never knew him personally, but everything he's done for me (personally) waterskiing related for the past 40 years is greatly appreciated. During the HO days (late 80's/early 90's(?)), he was helping a buddy of mine set up his new HO slalom (over the phone from 3000 miles away). He'd give him some advice, tell him to try it out, and to call him back... This happened a few times, and we were at my buddies camp and the phone rings; My friend answers, "Oh, hi Herb....." A very approachable man that worked wonders of innovation for the sport, and will be greatly missed.