Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fman, how did you get this made?

wakesetter8796

Sorry, have to ask. Looking at sub enclosure options, have a RF P3 powered by a punch 500.2 amp. Anyway, thinking of having the dealer turn it sideways then build a box or enclosure and cover the whole with something like this. post-17458-135080117851_thumb.jpg

Well right now the sub is facing the driver and the open air. Just looking to get a but more sound out of it, and it will be at the dealer anyway for the XM9 install.

I used RF box I love it look great and the sound well it was made just for that speaker so it is as good as it gets for that speaker. Little extra work needed the box is wood so pull carpet seal and put carpet on. I mounted the amp on the side went with the R750-1D so I could run it at 750amp on 1 Ohm even had room for the boost box. Yes, it is cleaner now this is when I first did the install just another idea.

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0485.jpgIMG_0484.jpg

i remember the write up on how he did it. To put is simply - he bought a piece of plexiglass and screwed it to the factory carpeted wall. The wakesetter logo can be had from your dealer or bakes. he installed the led lighting as well. Easy job that looks amazing. I want to do something similar in my next one.

As bama described above that is what I did. It was a winter project, I was bored with the blank kick plate. Your dealer can get you WS logo, I had the plastic fabbed up by TAP plastics. Also placed a red LED light above, it looks clean and finished off the kickplate nicely. Total cost was about $125... unfortunately the decal is about $95...

newer malibus just have a blank kickplate with the sub enclosure behind it, so all it looks like is apply sticker and screw into blank wall...Would take about 10 min or less but looks awesome! May do the same to mine! Just wish that sticker wasnt so expensive...

Ours right now is a carpeted kick plate with the sub sticking out, so having a box and firing it to the side would create a hole there, so I assume it's to cover the hole.