Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to optimise a 2004 Sunsetter lxi with diamond hull for skiing wake ?

bandit

Hi There,

What is the best set up to produce a quality slalom wake on this boat please, it has a 21'8" SV23 Diamond Hull.

Thanks

Edited by bandit

This is what I have read. Less gas better, less people better, any extra weight that you just have to have goes up front. It's a diamond hull so it will be great regardless.

That looks and sounds so much like mine. Slow speeds, larger wake. Anything above 31'ish the wake disappears. Smooth power.

What a great design.

Steve B

(thanks for the video boz. winterized 2 weeks ago, so missin' ma baby !)

Ok thanks, in short it seems ( with all things equal, ie standard boat, flat water, right speed ) it is just a matter of minimising weight as much as possible, little other tweaking of the set up will play a part.

As nobody has mentioned it, I am guessing there is no special prop required either ?

cheers

That looks and sounds so much like mine. Slow speeds, larger wake. Anything above 31'ish the wake disappears. Smooth power.

What a great design.

Steve B

(thanks for the video boz. winterized 2 weeks ago, so missin' ma baby !)

Haha, I keep a couple videos with the sweet Monsoon burble on my iPhone to get me thru the off season, your right about the hull, at 20 mph it makes a great wake, but past 30 it smooths out and disappears

Edited by Bozboat

Ok thanks, in short it seems ( with all things equal, ie standard boat, flat water, right speed ) it is just a matter of minimising weight as much as possible, little other tweaking of the set up will play a part.

As nobody has mentioned it, I am guessing there is no special prop required either ?

cheers

I run the three blade acme 515 (13x12), big improvement over the stock stainless steel prop. Really no tweaking needed to get a ski wake out of my boat, passenger load doesn't make much of a difference to me

In the States it was called a 2004 sunsetter lxi here in Australia it was renamed a wakesetter lxi, the boat was made in Australia, it has a wedge and a mid ballast bag the Australian maker said it sits on a diamond hull

Boz, thanks for that video, ive had the boat up for a week now and am missing that sound, sight, and feeling already. Come on spring!!! ( and thanks for everything, advice, skis, boom, you are an awesome dude)!