Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What could it be?

Tyger

I ordered my 20" MXZ today. As I have never seen any Photos of that thing I would also be stoked if someone could share some!

Edited by Wakehopper

I've never understood the tripple axle trailers for a 24' boat. What's the purpose? They must be a b%*$h to move around in tight quarters.

I am right at the weight limit with factory tires on mine. These are heavy boats. my boat and trailer weights 7400-8000lbs depending on specific load. the published dry weights are bare bones, no tower, equipment, nothing.

My tires spec at 2400lbs or so max eac at max PSI. Figure the trailer weighs approx 1500 or so. yep, the hitch and truck take some of that weight, but the 2 axel trailers are at their max on these boats unless you get into special tires. at 50PSI my tires still squat like they are low.

then you add in a 175lb sub enclosure, 5 batteries...85gals of fuel, 5 bags of ice....you get the idea.

Edited by nyryan2001

Wow, I guess I never thought they would be that close to the capacity on a dual axle trailer. I have a single axle trailer for my vRide because we don't tow very often, only to the marina and back a couple times a year (5 miles away). But the vRide all loaded up with fuel and gear I'm thinking is around 5,000 lbs at least and we only have two tires taking that weight. Not sure what my tires are, but they must have a higher rating than 2,400 lbs each.

But the vRide all loaded up with fuel and gear I'm thinking is around 5,000 lbs at least and we only have two tires taking that weight. Not sure what my tires are, but they must have a higher rating than 2,400 lbs each.

You would be best to check, as you may be overloading those tires. Many tires are only rated for 1700-1800lbs. I bet your boat/trailer weight at least 5000lbs, if not a little more when loaded with fuel and gear. This is why I'd never buy a boat this size with a single axle trailer. Obviously many people get away with it but I personally wouldn't feel confident with it. Now in your case 20-30 miles a year of trailering isn't a big deal at all, even if you are overloading the tires.

I am right at the weight limit with factory tires on mine. These are heavy boats. my boat and trailer weights 7400-8000lbs depending on specific load. the published dry weights are bare bones, no tower, equipment, nothing.

My tires spec at 2400lbs or so max eac at max PSI. Figure the trailer weighs approx 1500 or so. yep, the hitch and truck take some of that weight, but the 2 axel trailers are at their max on these boats unless you get into special tires. at 50PSI my tires still squat like they are low.

then you add in a 175lb sub enclosure, 5 group 31 batteries at 70lbs ea...85gals of fuel, 5 bags of ice....you get the idea.

I read this 3 time and it still says 5 group 31 batteries What do you have in the thing is it a new hybrid or something LOL. Man how do you charge them. Charger/alternator that is insane.

I read this 3 time and it still says 5 group 31 batteries What do you have in the thing is it a new hybrid or something LOL. Man how do you charge them. Charger/alternator that is insane.

Bradley-- my bad, 4 SRM29s and a grp 31. 5 total. I have 2 in the observer's compartment like normal, the other 3 29s in the rear goofy locker, extra 200lbs or so surf weight back there.

Prosport 29 charger has done a great job. Yep, over the top, and since I dont even have to think about batteries or running low anymore.