Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

86 Malibu Skier

I have a 86 Malibu Skier and need to build a back seat. When I bought it there was no seat and I have no idea what the original seat looks like. Anyone have some photos of one so I can build it to look like original?

Edited by cebr

So far no luck on pictures of how this seat is supposed to look but thanks to all for your input.

Don't give up here yet. Several folks on here have rebuilt the same things you want to. Maybe use the search system above and try several queries.

Several posters have detailed their rebuilds here complete with great pic's and advice. The info is here, just search around.

Steve B.

(good luck)

My advice would be to make it what you want; The Echelon's had armrests that allowed you to put the cushion under for "seat" mode and on top of the arm rests for "sunpad" mode. I always thought that was cool. The ladies love sunpads!

The original Skier back seat looks like this (this was my 88's back seat. It is hinged at the front corners so it can fold forward access to the gas tank and floor.

boat16.jpg

This thread has lots of pics of a Skier interior as well including a backseat rebuild. Good luck!

http://www.themalibu...cs/#entry547969

• 6 months later...

I can take pictures of mine if you are still looking. I have the original seat, never reupholstered or anything. Let me know